Thread: MAC Address... Please Help!

Just burned his ISO

Default MAC Address... Please Help!

i get this error...
    The interface MAC (00:00:00:00:00:00) doesn't match the specified MAC (-h).
    ifconfig eth1 hw ether 00:11:22:33:44:55

i have dl 2 programmes which change mac addresses of wireless cards, i keep changing them to 00:11:22:33:44:55 but i keep getting the error message when i boot back into backtrack.

im using ipw2200, eth1

is there a way that if i find out my mac address of my wireless card i dont have to change it or ... i dont know lol

Please help,

Just burned his ISO

To find out your mac use:
    Code:
    macchanger -s eth1
    And if I understand you correctly, you spoofed the mac, then booted bt. That won't work unless you did it within backtrack, because the mac is only temporarily changed.
    never underestimate the power of idiots in a group

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson08 View Post
    i get this error...
    The interface MAC (00:00:00:00:00:00) doesn't match the specified MAC (-h).
    ifconfig eth1 hw ether 00:11:22:33:44:55

i have dl 2 programmes which change mac addresses of wireless cards, i keep changing them to 00:11:22:33:44:55 but i keep getting the error message when i boot back into backtrack.

im using ipw2200, eth1

is there a way that if i find out my mac address of my wireless card i dont have to change it or ... i dont know lol

Please help,
    You shouldn't have had to download anything as Back|Track comes with macchanger....

You are using Back|Track aren't you?

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Just burned his ISO

ok thanks for the replies!

well yes i am using backtrack 3 and using bt3 to change my mac address in the konsole shell - macchanger --mac 00:11:22:33:44:55 .....

then under it it will say it has been changed and it will say my original mac address, but when i go to enter airplay commands etc it will say my error.

BUT, ive found a solution, i just use my original mac instead of spoofing it

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson08 View Post
    i get this error...
    The interface MAC (00:00:00:00:00:00) doesn't match the specified MAC (-h).ifconfig eth1 hw ether 00:11:22:33:44:55i have dl 2 programmes which change mac addresses of wireless cards, i keep changing them to 00:11:22:33:44:55 but i keep getting the error message when i boot back into backtrack.im using ipw2200, eth1
    Please help,
    I am just learning BT3 but found this solution to the problem of trying to spoof mac in BT2hxxp://backtrack.offensivesecurity.com/index.php/Howto:_How_to_connect_to_the_internet_on_BT2_using _a_spoofed_MAC_address

Hope it helps=)