Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ASUS EEE 1000H - Using VMware - Dont find wireless devices

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    And perhaps a script that automatically uses the thread title as a search term on the forum each time a new member attempts to create a thread. The actual submit button would then be moved down to the bottom of the first search result page so that the user at least would be forced to scroll past the first few hits and decide to nevertheless post his question.
    Hahahahahahahahahaha!! And an automagic link to letmegooglethatforyou.com
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

Yea Im get it I really know, what bullshit is answering to a tens of same questions

So Im looked to tutorials, how install bt3 on windows. I found one cool. I did it step-by-step and... its not working In this tutorial, you extract files from .iso to your flash card or something like that. Then you start bootins.bat and finished it. So then, if you connect this usb flash card to your PC, BT3 will automatical boot. But at me.. its not working.

One thing is, that I downloaded normal verion BT3, not usb version, but autor of this tutorial have version with same Mb like me ( about 640Mb? I think +-).

Have you any ideas?

Not sure exactly what you have done or what link you used for the instructions, but as Tron pointed out in an active thread today, download the USB version of BT3, copy the bt3 and boot directories to your USB, run the bootinst.bat (or bootinst.sh if you are on a linux box) script to write the MBR and then you should be able to boot into BT3 successfully. This should provide a basic install of BT3. You can get fancier options working later.

Keep in mind that not every boot option will work with every computer you use. Vesa mode is a pretty safe bet to get things working to some basic degree.

You say that "its not working" but don't elaborate as to what exactly is not working...your Graphical desktop? Kernel errors? I don't know...please provide exactly what is happening or what exactly is not working or where it stops working at, and someone here (myself included) will try to help you out. Pasting the boot/error messages are always a good thing for troubleshooting :-)

EDIT: Just re-read the entire thread. If you are trying to run BT3 from a USB as a VMWare Guest, I don't think that will work. Don't think VMWare's BIOS supports booting from USB. If this is the case, try using a LiveCD or the BT3 VM image that is available for download.
    I wish you luck...

Just burned his ISO

Ok, i correct priority drivers in BIOS and its cool now Thx for reply!

But I have problem again When I start BT3, I logg in (root;toor) and write startx, but it isnt working, so I write xconf and then startx again, but nothing. I heard that for EEE Pc must have some file or something like that. Do you know anything about that?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by jedy357 View Post
    Ok, i correct priority drivers in BIOS and its cool now Thx for reply!

But I have problem again When I start BT3, I logg in (root;toor) and write startx, but it isnt working, so I write xconf and then startx again, but nothing. I heard that for EEE Pc must have some file or something like that. Do you know anything about that?
    what error you getting after startx command.Is it something display related or any other fatal error.be descriptive.

Just burned his ISO

After xconf and startx I get this:
    (I write everything only one time)
    Intel: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0:2:1) found
    Module already built-in
    GARTInit: Unable to open /dev/agpgart (No such file or directory)
    Intel(0): Failed to alllocate framebuffer. Is your VideoRAM set too low?
    Intel(0): Couldn’t allocate video memory

Fatal server error:
    AddScreen/ScreenInit failed for driver 0
    giving up

xinit: Conection reset by peer (errno 104): unable to connect to X server
    xinit: No such process (errno 3): Server error.

Nobody know? No idea?

Just burned his ISO

Ouuuuu yeeee man! I have it!

If anybody have same problem like me, just click on this link - hXXp:// forums. remote - exploit. org / showthread.php? t= 19197 & highlight = startx - and its OKey

Thx all to reply and help me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12