Thread: wpa cracking from vmware - usb problem

Just burned his ISO

Default wpa cracking from vmware - usb problem

hi

ive been successful using bt3 to break into my wep encrypted network via vmware 6.5 in windows xp but im having problems getting it to work versus my router with wpa encryption

i have 8gb worth of wordlists but when im running bt3-final.iso i cant share these wordlist files through the virtual machine as im running from a disk image and vmtools wont install

i later got the vmware worksation version of bt3 which worked in sharing my wordlists from my hard drive but this download appears to be a vmware 5.x workstation where usb 2.0 isnt supported

my usb dongle is a belkin rt73 and uses usb2.0, when i try to packet sniff in this version, it doesnt function or pick up anything when running airodump-ng

is there a way round this? could there be an updated vmware 6.x workstation version that uses usb and can install tools / share folders in \mnt?

cheers for any help

No need for an updated version.

Just select 6.x vm when importing the vm into vmware workstation.
    Edit the vm settings and under usb you can enable usb 2.0 support.
    Vm tools will also install, although an older version of them are already installed in the vmware version of BT.

Just burned his ISO

thanks a lot bp, first step on importing is where i went wrong, just opened it

works fine now cheers