Thread: IP.Board 2.3.5 Exploit.

BOSS23

Default IP.Board 2.3.5 Exploit.

Okay, I run a forum that runes version 2.3.5. I have found that here is an exploit for that version. I downloaded the exploit but I need to know how can I test the exploit on my forums? I have backtrack and metasploit, etc. How can I test it? Thanks in advance
    -B0$$

Quote Originally Posted by BOSS23 View Post
    Okay, I run a forum that runes version 2.3.5. I have found that here is an exploit for that version. I downloaded the exploit but I need to know how can I test the exploit on my forums? I have backtrack and metasploit, etc. How can I test it? Thanks in advance
    -B0$$
    By RTFM and not asking us to hold your hand. Show us that you can try to help yourself and then if you are having legitimate issues we will help.

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

BOSS23

I tried pasting the code into a text file and putting it in exploits folder but it doesnt load in metasploit. I'm thinking that I need to compile is somehow to use it w/ autopwn/metasploit

Developer

well with out seeing the code we cant tell you much now can we? You should probably do a little research though because you cant just put any old exploit in the meatsploit folder and expect it to work. It depends on the language that the exploit is coded in which determines how it is executed. Metasploit is coded in ruby so you would need a .rb file to use with metasploit.

BOSS23

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    well with out seeing the code we cant tell you much now can we? You should probably do a little research though because you cant just put any old exploit in the meatsploit folder and expect it to work. It depends on the language that the exploit is coded in which determines how it is executed. Metasploit is coded in ruby so you would need a .rb file to use with metasploit.
    Ok here is the link to the exploit

securityfocus.com/archive/1/495841

I have tried copying to a text file and changing the extension to .rb and it would show up in metasploit ,but as an error. I would search more thoroughly but someone threatened my forum and I need to quickly make sure its not vulnerable

I have tried copying to a text file and changing the extension to .rb and it would show up in metasploit ,but as an error. I would search more thoroughly but someone threatened my forum and I need to quickly make sure its not vulnerable
    Why don't you just run the patch and not worry about it, if it indeed is your forum. Breaking in will do nothing for you, even if it is vulnerable. If it is a possibility, patch it. What harm could it do if it isn't?

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

BOSS23

No I wanted to test it to make sure that it is not vulnerable anymore, thats all. It's not a big deal, they are releasing a new version soon I believe. I would still like to know how to do this if possible. If you don't want to give me step by step, then point me in the right direction I guess.

That somehow sounds very familiar. Maybe you should have used the search function before to find this thread. You aren't mccouch, are you?

Strange, that you asked here about how to hack avhackers.com.

And it is a great coincidence, that they are running that IP Board version.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Quote Originally Posted by KMDave View Post
    That somehow sounds very familiar. Maybe you should have used the search function before to find this thread. You aren't mccouch, are you?

WOW. Good catch KM.

@mccouchclone: Coincidence? I think not. You're a goner iTard. Try again......

~ShadowKill

Quote Originally Posted by KMDave View Post
    You aren't mccouch, are you?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowKill View Post
    WOW. Good catch KM.

@mccouchclone: Coincidence? I think not. You're a goner iTard. Try again......
    Good call guys!
    "\x74\x68\x65\x70\x72\x65\x7a\x39\x38";