Thread: HowTo:Make Kismet Show Mac Addresses

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default HowTo:Make Kismet Show Mac Addresses

Hi all i got one quetion how can i make kismet show the IP of the shown make address and iprange i can make kismet find make address of the AP but not any IP Addresses so please help if possible

Quote Originally Posted by Mi4night View Post
    Hi all i got one quetion how can i make kismet show the IP of the shown make address and iprange i can make kismet find make address of the AP but not any IP Addresses so please help if possible
    Your question seems a bit cryptic as you in the title ask how to retrieve MAC addresses, but in the actual text mention that you manage to do this but would like it to find the IP address for you as well. So which one is it?

Kismet will display the local IP-range when detected, but can not be used to retrieve the WAN IP, the one used to connect to the gateway from the outside world, of an AP/client. For closer examination of which IP addresses are being used on a network a packet sniffer like Wireshark is recommended over Kismet.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    Your question seems a bit cryptic as you in the title ask how to retrieve MAC addresses, but in the actual text mention that you manage to do this but would like it to find the IP address for you as well. So which one is it?

Kismet will display the local IP-range when detected, but can not be used to retrieve the WAN IP, the one used to connect to the gateway from the outside world, of an AP/client. For closer examination of which IP addresses are being used on a network a packet sniffer like Wireshark is recommended over Kismet.
    Thx for your help u were right wireshark is a better tool to use to find IP Addresses of host's on the network and im sorry for the quetion my english isent that good