Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Netbook/Laptot For BT3?

Ooo la looks good, and thanks, massive durf moment on my part I do apoligize.

I like my Lenovo R500 Thinkpad! It does the job quite well
    This is a hackers forum :P
    root ~# aircrack-ng pwnd-01.cap
    Lenovo Thinkpad R500, OS: Ubuntu 8.10, BackTrack3, Windows XP (VirtualBox), Windows Vista, Windows 7 beta

Quote Originally Posted by Shavx View Post
    I like my Lenovo R500 Thinkpad! It does the job quite well
    Kinda spendy though.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by abseeley View Post
    So I figure the best bet may be just to pick up an HP, I saw one on display and it has a much easier to use keyboard IMHO then the EEE PC and then just get a wireless usb. Any quick recomendations without making a new thread on wireless usb?
    I got one of the HP mini 1000 a few weeks ago and back track runs great on it internal wireless is not supported but that didnt bother me sense I use a usb dongle any ways. I recommend it to any one looking for a netbook.

Just burned his ISO

Best Netbook/Laptot For BT3?
    The question is which Netbook/Laptot not ?

Quote Originally Posted by Copilot19 View Post
    The question is which Netbook/Laptot not ?
    What???????
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Have any remote-exploit users got any experiance with the netbook Advent 4213:

Quick overview=

The 4213 has all the features of other Netbooks, but with the added benefit of an embedded sim, so connects to mobile broadband without the need for a dongle. The Ultimate mobile broadband solution!

* Intel Atom N270Processor - Energy efficient
    * (1.6GHz, 533MHz FSB, 512MB cache)
    * Genuine Windows(R) XP Home
    * Memory & storage - 1GB Memory & 160GB HDD
    * Portable - 10.2" Widescreen Display & 1.4KG

Full review = http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/10...k_advent_4213/

Item i am considering due to "sales"

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/pro..._4213_netbooks

It seems i may be able to get one free with a Mobile broadband contract and on paper it seems ideal for BT - but i just wonder if anyone has experiance with these netbooks and whether BT can disable the battery mode on the atom processor

~EDIT~

I have now the proud owner of the above mentioned device and i can tell you its not ideal for BT. BT boots into VESA KDE and Command line only [I will have another play later on with drivers] And it fails to recognise the wireless card internally. Its no biggy as i got it for free but everything else is recognised Now all i need to do is find a connection manager for the Internal HSDPA Card which runs in Slax and i am laughing Kitbags

Its kinda cute and very portable - i did notice the touchpad feels flimsy and the keys are quite close so typing fast = errors galore.

Still - its better than my Samsung Q1

Found a guide so i will be stripping and replacing the wireless card as soon as i get a spare minute to myself:

http://www.4winmobile.com/forums/net...smantling.html

Has anyone information about the Lenovo netbooks? For example about the ideapad s9 or even s10?
    I didn't find anything about the built-in wifi card's chipset...
    127.0.0.1 sweety 127.0.0.1???

Home, sweety home

-by HK!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12