Thread: Live USB install - hard drive access

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Live USB install - hard drive access

I got backtrack working using the Live USB install method, but I'm trying to figure out how to make backtrack use my hard drive for storage. I'm running windows 7. Basically, I want to set it up so that when I install or download stuff, it won't take up space on my flash drive. How do I set backtrack up to use my hard drive but boot from the usb drive? Is it possible, or would I just be better off dual booting backtrack?

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Live USB install - hard drive access

hi man

everything is possible

1 now, I suggest you doing a dual boot for the only reason that it's faster.

2 but if you prefer staying on the usb you could always save your files on the hard disk

just create a folder on the hard disk and save all your files there

3 I am shore that you could also install programs from the usb to the hard disk, I've done it once while using backtrack 2 and it's not even so hard

just google it.

for any more questions, feel free to ask

capon

Just burned his ISO sirwolfgang's Avatar

Default Re: Live USB install - hard drive access

I am not sure what you truly want, but if you have a usb install you want that install to be self contained or when you use it at another PC it will not work.. So I guess i would say if you want to have a version on your HDD then dual boot it, but if you have a good sized USB like me then just use it as your one and only