Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SMBclient maybe ?

Just burned his ISO

I have business internet (for company use), which means that I am able to offer them also privately. weather the payment is for actual internet or for my time, is pretty irrelevent. They can not offer them internet anyhow as they will only give it to you if you own your flat, that is one of the reasons they can not get it, so i am only doing them a favour. what I charge them is $3 a month out of principle (price of a beer).

also being a lawyer and wife a lawyer, we are fully aware of legalities. that really is not an issue on this subject.

Just burned his ISO

anyhow, cheers streaker69 for your previous message with xpsp1. however, lets say I test it to another linux, just for testing purpose, what was I doing wrong ?

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Matthuffy View Post
    anyhow, cheers streaker69 for your previous message with xpsp1. however, lets say I test it to another linux, just for testing purpose, what was I doing wrong ?
    Don't know, I've never actually tried to Net Send a Linux machine, never found the need to do that.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Reserved IP for each person
    Transparent Proxy (Squid)
    Every source IP (person) is an ACL

Then change the acl rules depending on payment, so as someone said, if they dont pay they loose access or something.

If this is too much work, ettercap a mitm against anyone that doesn't pay, just malform all http requests (or insert goatse, ensure quick payment lol (thats a joke, dont do it))
    wtf?

Just burned his ISO

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    What about the TOS/AUP of whomever is providing YOU service? That is what we're questioning. Most ISP's frown upon the reselling of their services, and have it strictly forbidden.
    we are gliding far off point, which I see is common here. anyhow thanks for your replies, I did not want to get drawn into a long winded off topic about my actual internet setup.

My company internet, which belongs to me, I am the CEO. is via satellite from Belgium (some of you may know which) on a dedicated leased line generally tailored for ISP's. I am the ISP on my net with 100% resell rights and I am the one that create the TOS. although we use it for private use and not as a public service (apart from a few that I have been kind to).

my second line is an ISP which i use for other use and not my network.

Hope that clears up the completely off point and rather over hearty statements.

wishing you all the best.

Satellite or cable?

And for the record I think bringing up such a point, e.g. legality is extremely on topic.
    wtf?

Good friend of the forums

echo "TEST" | smbclient -M COMPAQ-8DD559C1

I get
    Quote:
    Connection to COMPAQ-8DD559C1 failed. Error NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME
    does this work echo "TEST" | smbclient -M WORKGROUP\COMPAQ-8DD559C1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12