Thread: Problem with NDISWrapper and kernel

Just burned his ISO

Default Problem with NDISWrapper and kernel

Hi everybody. I am new on this forum and don't know where to post topic and decided to post here. Sorry if I wrong.
    I have a problem.
    Let's start. I first installed Backtrack 3 on hard drive. I have Dell Inspiron 1525 and don't have driver for my wireless card. Then i was searching net and found that the solution is NDISWrapper and i was downoaded it. Then there was a problem with kernel source. I have slackware 12.0 DVD and i installed kernel-source package from DVD. But when i uncompress ndiswrapper and cd into it and do command

make

next error apears:
    Makefile:51: *** No .config found in . please set KBUILD to configured kernel. Stop

I installed ndiswrapper succesfully on slackware 12.0.
    Can someone help me?

Developer

OKay I'm going to make one last post about this here

Just burned his ISO

Thank you, I told you that I am new on this forum. I searched forum but didn't found any post for my problem.

Just burned his ISO

I installed kernel.lzm and installed ndiswrapper, loaded module but when i run command:

dmesg

at the end of the listing there is a ndiswrapper version 1.44 but I installed package ndiswrapper-1.53. Where I wrong? How to solve this problem?

Just burned his ISO

I don't have this problem anymore. I uninstalled package ndiswrapper-1.44 with pkgtool, and then removed every entry of ndiswrapper in system. Then I installed again my ndiswrapper-1.53 and everythingis now OK. Thanks