Thread: is this compatible to backtrack 4 final inspiron 6400 in my vista my device is 802.1

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy is this compatible to backtrack 4 final inspiron 6400 in my vista my device is 802.1

i install backtrack 4 pre final and vm ware workstation .. ill do all the instruction given in manual guide.. im using vista home edition .. dell inspiron 6400 my wifi device is 802.11g and it works in wifi connections.. is this kind of device compatible to my backtrack 4 final.. when i start to type and hit enter this code etc/init.d/networking start it says no wlan0,etho1 .etho2 no such device it failed my netwoking.. is this device in my laptop needs new wifi cards??? if it is coorect what are the possible wifi cards do i need to buy to start working the backtrack 4 in my laptop.. i need an answer to this problem now... i like to use this backtrack 4 final... im glad to use it..

Default Re: is this compatible to backtrack 4 final inspiron 6400 in my vista my device is 8

No, Virtualization software can't take control of pci devices.
    No, there's no fix for this besides buying a new one (USB).
    No, you haven't searched before posting.

EDIT: As you posted another thread on the same issue, maybe I wasn't clear enough. When I said "No, Virtualization software can't take control of pci devices.", this means that vmware won't be able to use your internal card as a wireless card.
    As for your "if i need just tell me the list of wifi cards that i need to buy in my vista laptop???" question you posted on the other thread, there are more than enough posts about wireless adapters on the forums (check the HCL forum). Again, a quick !SEARCH! would have avoided this question.
    Last edited by Snayler; 02-22-2010 at 11:40 PM.