Thread: just another noob in need of ur assistance :)

Just burned his ISO

Default just another noob in need of ur assistance :)

dwl g520 (atheros) and backtrack^^ need help!
    first of all i must apologise to u all, i know u guys h8 when ppl just drop in like this and start asking questions even they think there must be some sort of answer on this forum already. however ive spent a lot of time not only today but some time ago aswell, searching for some answers and stuff, and i feel like an utter idiot, not finding anything. yes, i have tried search, ive looke into many topics. still have to read some of those books i dled from this section but i was hoping u could help me nevertheless.
    imagesforme.com/show.php/265125_15122008476.jpg
    imagesforme.com/show.php/265124_15122008475.jpg
    any pointers what am i doing wrong ( and i know im dumb) or just a link to a thread that might be helpful will be greatly appreciated

once again, my apologies

Very good friend of the forum killadaninja's Avatar

One thing for sure You dont need to be mocked I think you done that all by your self. Do an

iwconfig

and print the result
    Sometimes I try to fit a 16-character string into an 8–byte space, on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by raz3r View Post
    first of all i must apologise to u all, i know u guys h8 when ppl just drop in like this and start asking questions even they think there must be some sort of answer on this forum already. however ive spent a lot of time not only today but some time ago aswell, searching for some answers and stuff, and i feel like an utter idiot, not finding anything. yes, i have tried search, ive looke into many topics. still have to read some of those books i dled from this section but i was hoping u could help me nevertheless.
    any pointers what am i doing wrong ( and i know im dumb) or just a link to a thread that might be helpful will be greatly appreciated

once again, my apologies
    Welcome to the forums.
    And you are only partially right.
    Could you post the output of your lsmod please?

@killadaninja
    The screenshot shows his iwconfig output
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Just burned his ISO

@killadaninja
    ye i figured its inevitable and i might just beat u to it ^^
    u cannot avoid it 100% i see

@KMDave
    thx m8, for ur time
    imagesforme.com/show.php/265684_16122008477.jpg
    im guessing this ath_pci part is kinda important^^

Quote Originally Posted by raz3r View Post

once again, my apologies
    Most of the people here are nice folks, I would know, as I also am a noob. Basically what P/O's them is people doing illegal things like cracking neighbor's WIFI ect. They don't mind helping you if you genuinely need help, and have done your homework. Which you have.

Welcome to the forums. :]
    Originally Posted by pureh@te
    You may think its stupid but when you are posting online sometimes spelling, grammar and thought put into the content of your posts is the only thing people have to measure you by and to determine the level of seriousness they should give you. So with that in mind I'd say "Yes" its pretty important.

Just burned his ISO

I get ur point. i live in a dorm with no bw limit and rly great ul/dl, no nearby private wlans other than my own. ^^
    thx m8

Just burned his ISO

Anyone?