Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: help needed urgently!!!

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy help needed urgently!!!

kay im new to linux and wireless cracking....ive been trying to crack a wireless network thats wep encrypted for the past week....the only problem i seem to be having is the number of Ivs collected is very low ( its so frustrating that ive --deauth the user 3000 times once) .... i cant seem to find the problem here...

i have a lenovo r60 with the following specs

T2300@1.66
    504 mb ram
    broadcom netxtreme gigabit ethernet
    11a/b/g wireless LAN mini PCi express adapter ( manufacturer atheros)
    i think its an AR5006Ex card

i dont know whats going wrong here

im planning on getting a SONY VAIO CR Series VGN-CR320E/R laptop very soon and i think im getting an intel something wireless card ...will i b able to monitor and inject successfully with this...

this is the first time im posting on the forum ...i usually just read on till i find something and work things out but this time its really frustrating and will appreciate help here

thnxxx

Quote Originally Posted by guruX View Post
    kay im new to linux and wireless cracking....ive been trying to crack a wireless network thats wep encrypted for the past week....the only problem i seem to be having is the number of Ivs collected is very low ( its so frustrating that ive --deauth the user 3000 times once) .... i cant seem to find the problem here...

T2300@1.66
    504 mb ram

im planning on getting a SONY VAIO CR Series VGN-CR320E/R laptop very soon and i think im getting an intel something wireless card ...will i b able to monitor and inject successfully with this...

this is the first time im posting on the forum ...i usually just read on till i find something and work things out but this time its really frustrating and will appreciate help here

thnxxx
    Well what's wrong here is that you are one of the many recent iTards to visit this forum in hopes that we will help you leach your neighbor's wifi.

Not gonna happen lamer, buh-bye....

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Just burned his ISO

ive told my neighbour already ...and no theres no need for me to leach im very happy with my present connection...

so much for help ....am branded an "iTard and lamer " already

thnx a lot

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

ive told my neighbour already ...and no theres no need for me to leach im very happy with my present connection...

thnx a lot
    It's amazing how many understanding neighbors there are in the world. Seems as though there's alot of them that just let people crack their network. The world is definitely a friendly wonderful place.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    It's amazing how many understanding neighbors there are in the world. Seems as though there's alot of them that just let people crack their network. The world is definitely a friendly wonderful place.
    well ud b surprised how many understanding people there are...anyways dosent look like im getting any answers here ....more like a useless dialogue between me and shadowkill's friends of how and where and y i explained what to whom abt cracking their network....

T2300@1.66
    504 mb ram

thnxxx
    Apologies for the unfriendly replies. I've been in nicer forums... However, if your neighbour is allowing you to leach his wifi, you should just ask him for the code - unless you're using his network to practice pentesting.

You have a broadcom card - as far as I know these don't support injection and have problems with collecting corrupt iv's. My advice is to get yourself a wireless atheros card in your next rig or buy a ralink usb dongle.

I recommend however that you read the resources in this forum before making posts - requesting information is no substitute for reading up yourself.
    Getting Airpwn to work is ruining my life

T2300@1.66
    504 mb ram

thnxxx

thnx a lot
    well ud b surprised how many understanding people there are...anyways dosent look like im getting any answers here ....more like a useless dialogue between me and shadowkill's friends of how and where and y i explained what to whom abt cracking their network....
    If you're wondering why you're branded an "iTard and lamer", aside from the legally questionable subject matter, you need look no further than your own posts. Also, you might want to read the rules regarding thread subject titles.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Quote Originally Posted by relaxis View Post
    You have a broadcom card - as far as I know these don't support injection and have problems with collecting corrupt iv's.
    And just for the record many Broadcom cards are fully supported out of the box in BT3, and with alternate drivers most can be used just fine.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    And just for the record many Broadcom cards are fully supported out of the box in BT3, and with alternate drivers most can be used just fine.
    True, but none the less, broadcom cards are known to collect corrupt IVs and this may be why gurux has been unable to crack his network.
    Getting Airpwn to work is ruining my life

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by relaxis View Post
    Apologies for the unfriendly replies. I've been in nicer forums... However, if your neighbour is allowing you to leach his wifi, you should just ask him for the code - unless you're using his network to practice pentesting.

You have a broadcom card - as far as I know these don't support injection and have problems with collecting corrupt iv's. My advice is to get yourself a wireless atheros card in your next rig or buy a ralink usb dongle.

I recommend however that you read the resources in this forum before making posts - requesting information is no substitute for reading up yourself.
    Thank you for replying to my post .... have still got a lotta questions to ask but i think ill read the
    1> rules regarding thread titles
    2>Other resources available here..

to all the other members who bothered replying .....im sorry for not having put things across clearly.... as relaxis mentioned above im only trying to crack my neighbours network to practsise pentesting and have informed him of the above which is why he agreed to let me try it...and i have no intention of using his network / leeching on his network...

im kinda new here and am trying to get familiar with linux (so tht i can dump good old windows ) , learn networking and pentesting all at the same time...

im sorry if i didnt oblige by the forums rules...this is the first time im posting in any forum so ....

and finally to thorn id like to make it clear that i have my neighbours permission to try and crack the network for pentesting so no legal issues there

thnxx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast