Thread: Ettercap scanning new hosts

Default Ettercap scanning new hosts

Ok i had a question earlier and this is my results.
    I was wondering if ettercap automatically adds new hosts and arp posions them.
    I have 2 labtops on a wireless network. i made sure to watch autoscan to make sure my labtop was on and off the network. So i started ettercap and then posioned the only thing which was the router. then logged on the net with the other computer. seen it come up as a request on ettercap, but the computer was not posioned. logged into hotmail, facebook, etc and the username and password does not get intercepted.
    So then i restart ettercap and do the same thing and sure enough, boom ettercap works.
    So is there something i don't know about to keep ettercap current to keep adding a new host after ettercap is already ran?

So is there something i don't know about to keep ettercap current to keep adding a new host after ettercap is already ran?
    If you're running the gui version of ettercap then click on "Plugins" and then select "Manage the plugins". From the list select the "autoadd" plugin. This should add computers to the list after you have started arp poisoning. I believe you should use this plugin only after you have arp poisoned the network.

Quote Originally Posted by larryhaja View Post
    If you're running the gui version of ettercap then click on "Plugins" and then select "Manage the plugins". From the list select the "autoadd" plugin. This should add computers to the list after you have started arp poisoning. I believe you should use this plugin only after you have arp poisoned the network.
    Thank you, I will try this and tell my results.

Works like a charm. Thank you larryhaja.
    For those of you wondering what he told me to do.
    In ettercap after you set the user interface that you want to use, you just click on plugins, then manage plug ins, then double click the plug in you like to use. there is a description right next to each plug in to tell what it does.