Thread: Blocking programs..

Default Blocking programs..

Ok, so i want to block the download programs on a computer.

Before i get into it i want to tell you that I AM the administrator of the house and that I pay for the internet.

The story goes, We have a routor. The net is splited to one LAN and 3 wireless. Im the wired user, the computer im wanting to target is wireless.

Now the net is is fine with 2 wireless and the 1 wired. Works fine, its distributed evenly. BUT! Soon as my younger sister turns on her computer everyone is left with no connection.
    As far as iv seen see is using is Limewire, Utorrent and she loves to stream movies from watch-movies.net.

Now i know youll say ask her to stop and remove and so on AND I HAVE.
    Iv even gone to the point as to changing the password and not telling her. But then i get in shit from my parents cause its their house, their electricty and so on.

I also know for a fact her computer is full of so much **** its slower then mine (and its supose to be faster). I also know she was the one that have us DNS bugs..

So now you know where im at, i would like to know how to block programs from my pc on her computer. I can have phsical access to it, but you have to bypass the mad women with a knife to get to it. Iv tried blocking the ports on the routor and so on.

Shes running XP pro with SP3 on it, but once again shes on the wireless network. Can anyone give me information on how i can do that remotly, i also want to remind you of the following: I pay the internet bill, i paid for the routor, i am the houses administrator.

Thanks, Jesse.
    Jesse -- NOM NOM NOM ^.^

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

If your router to the intertubes supports QOS just assign all her traffic the lowest priority, and assign yourself the highest priority.

You could block all ports that Limewire and those other things use and when they stop working just play dumb.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

yea, i heard about Quility of Service, but im useing a Netgear and it doesnt have it.
    Im yet to up date the POS but ill look into that one more.

Thanks streaker69

Still interested in other ideas too.
    Jesse -- NOM NOM NOM ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    yea, i heard about Quility of Service, but im useing a Netgear and it doesnt have it.
    Im yet to up date the POS but ill look into that one more.

Thanks streaker69

Still interested in other ideas too.
    You could download PfSense and route all traffic through it. That has all kinds of throttling controls.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

That sounds like an idea and a half, ill check that one out now.

Thanks again.
    Jesse -- NOM NOM NOM ^.^

why not get a router that allows ddwrt or openwrt firmware

then assign limits to everyone based on mac address

i'm sure it's possible

Quote Originally Posted by hm2075 View Post
    why not get a router that allows ddwrt or openwrt firmware

then assign limits to everyone based on mac address

i'm sure it's possible
    56K ought to be enough for anyone.