Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nokia n800/n770/n810 OS

Quote Originally Posted by relaxis View Post
    Well, with a bit of luck maybe I can persuade the developer for the linux platform to re-write the driver.

The mmc slot on the device IS working and chips of 4gb are not expensive.
    Okay, cool missed the mmc part. As for the driver, you'll probably have to get marvel to write it, I don't think the actual driver is open.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Lol - how would I go about doing that?

Stupid question - would the driver that the linux OS uses in ipaq be the same marvel driver used on the windows os? If it's not, and the driver has been written from scratch by the developer then maybe it's just a question of editing it. I'm going to rummage around the linux distro and see if I can post the driver up here for perusal.
    Getting Airpwn to work is ruining my life

No, it would be a different driver since it's a different cpu.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    No, it would be a different driver since it's a different cpu.

....no it's not, it's the same cpu on the ipaq just different OS.

Sorry, let me clarify, ipaq comes with windows mobile. Windows mobile would have it's own drivers (closed source). If the drivers for the Linux OS that has been created for the ipaq are open source, then they could be edited..?

....no it's not, it's the same cpu on the ipaq just different OS.

Sorry, let me clarify, ipaq comes with windows mobile. Windows mobile would have it's own drivers (closed source). If the drivers for the Linux OS that has been created for the ipaq are open source, then they could be edited..?
    No, windows drivers and linux drivers are usually totally different. The ndis drivers that linux uses for the non-open chipsets usually suck dead donkey balls. You might be lucky and the marvel drivers that the ipaq linux folks use will have monitor mode, I really don't know. I've been out of the linux on iPaq thing since the iPaqs stopped using the expansion sleeves. That would be the way to go, cause then you could use whatever supported pcmcia card you wanted.

Looks like it's going to have to be the openmoko freerunner after all. Why are they so damn expensive?!?!

Looks like it's going to have to be the openmoko freerunner after all. Why are they so damn expensive?!?!
    Have to offset the development.....

Well, some research has shown up a dutch trader in openmokos at 293 euros a pop. not bad. considering french prices of 380... They may be kooky but my god you gotta love the dutch.

Hey, new platform perhaps viable for hacking device - http://www.openpandora.org/

wireless b/g and bluetooth...

Hey, new platform perhaps viable for hacking device - http://www.openpandora.org/

wireless b/g and bluetooth...
    Yea, but who's wifi and bluetooth?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast