Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nokia n800/n770/n810 OS

Default Nokia n800/n770/n810 OS

The hacking edition OS does not have a complete library - as such berkeley.

Perhaps a BT OS?
    Getting Airpwn to work is ruining my life

Quote Originally Posted by relaxis View Post
    The hacking edition OS does not have a complete library - as such berkeley.

Perhaps a BT OS?
    What the hell are you talking about?
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

I'm talking about creating or porting a BT OS for Nokia n800. The Nokia n800 internet tablet runs on maemo and an Internet Tablet Hackers Edition OS 2008 was released however the OS is missing libraries which allow pen testing tools to run. A backtrack OS for this maemo device would give pen testing devices such as the neo freerunner with neopwn a run for their money, it'd be cheaper and more practical.

Very good friend of the forum killadaninja's Avatar

I'm talking about creating or porting a BT OS for Nokia n800. The Nokia n800 internet tablet runs on maemo and an Internet Tablet Hackers Edition OS 2008 was released however the OS is missing libraries which allow pen testing tools to run. A backtrack OS for this maemo device would give pen testing devices such as the neo freerunner with neopwn a run for their money, it'd be cheaper and more practical.
    Lol good luck
    Sometimes I try to fit a 16-character string into an 8–byte space, on purpose.

When I still had one of those pieces of junk, all the "hacker edition" oses did was allow running the newer os on the older hardware. I had the n800, and running kismet on it was fun, for the couple minutes it would run before either kismet just quit, or locking up the whole device. Then there was the metasploit package. That was cool, in a running it on a 286 kinda way. I suppose having the n810 would make entering things into the command line a bit easier, but it still has the crappy wifi radio. Nokia just hasn't opened up all the hardware for an easy to use pentesting distro.

Really, when it comes down to it, having a handheld pentest device will either be the Neopwn, the Immunity SILICA, which is a n800 with a really expensive($3600) closed source application, or a Zaurus.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

OK, I did a little research into handheld devices that have open source drivers. It seems that the ipaq 214 is a good device, has linux ported to it and has full functionality of the drivers. It has also been used for pentesting in the past.

OK, I did a little research into handheld devices that have open source drivers. It seems that the ipaq 214 is a good device, has linux ported to it and has full functionality of the drivers. It has also been used for pentesting in the past.
    I've seen those things at my local microcenter. Pretty cool looking bit of kit. Kinda on the big side, but not too bad.

You're liable to run out of storage space pretty quick if you're logging anything. They don't have the usb host or cf/sd working yet. Can the wireless at least go into monitor mode? It's a marvel chipset.

Found this on the backtrack wiki site -

"NetGear WG511v2
    Chipset : Marvell
    lspci : Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88w8335 [Libertas] 802.11b/g Wireless (rev 03)
    lspci -n : 11ab:1faa (rev 03)
    FCC ID : PY3WG511V2H1
    CANADA ID : 4054A-WG511V21
    CE : 0470
    There are no native linux driver support for this chip. If you want to gain native linux driver support, you should email Marvell directly."

Airckrack site says - "injection on Hermes, Aironet and Marvell is not supported because of firmware and/or driver limitations."

However, the wireless chip in the ipaq is an SDIO8686 marvell chip and on windows mobile software, wififofum has been confirmed to work. I presume therefore that the chip does support monitor mode.

I presume that injection wouldn't be supported on the card without a driver being written for it - else a driver would have to be written for the usb port to allow connection of external wireless cards.

Perhaps some guru interested might undertake the project?

+Update+ - emailed the head of the porting project for details - awaiting reply.

Found this on the backtrack wiki site -

"NetGear WG511v2
    Chipset : Marvell
    lspci : Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88w8335 [Libertas] 802.11b/g Wireless (rev 03)
    lspci -n : 11ab:1faa (rev 03)
    FCC ID : PY3WG511V2H1
    CANADA ID : 4054A-WG511V21
    CE : 0470
    There are no native linux driver support for this chip. If you want to gain native linux driver support, you should email Marvell directly."

Airckrack site says - "injection on Hermes, Aironet and Marvell is not supported because of firmware and/or driver limitations."

However, the wireless chip in the ipaq is an SDIO8686 marvell chip and on windows mobile software, wififofum has been confirmed to work. I presume therefore that the chip does support monitor mode.

I presume that injection wouldn't be supported on the card without a driver being written for it - else a driver would have to be written for the usb port to allow connection of external wireless cards.

Perhaps some guru interested might undertake the project?

+Update+ - emailed the head of the porting project for details - awaiting reply.
    Wififofum works like Netstumbler, it actively scans for networks, not passive.

Well, with a bit of luck maybe I can persuade the developer for the linux platform to re-write the driver.

The mmc slot on the device IS working and chips of 4gb are not expensive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast