Hi guys first of all thanks so much for all the help you can provide me. Basically I just installed backtrack3 on my Eee pc on SDHC using the following shell installation . no swap partition installed. (I'm using a bootusb key with cd image on it)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
bt~#mkdir /mnt/backtrack

bt~#mount /dev/sda3 /mnt/backtrack/

bt~#mkdir /mnt/backtrack/boot/

bt~#mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/backtrack/boot/ (note: If you only have one partiton to install backtrack to simply omit this step)

bt~#cp --preserve -R /{bin,dev,home,pentest,root,usr,etc,lib,opt,sbin,va r} /mnt/backtrack/ <<< note: there is no space in var. Seems to be a glitch in the matrix
bt~#mkdir /mnt/backtrack/{mnt,proc,sys,tmp}
bt~#mount --bind /dev/ /mnt/backtrack/dev/
bt~#mount -t proc proc /mnt/backtrack/proc/
bt~#cp /boot/vmlinuz /mnt/backtrack/boot/

Now for lilo.
bt~#chroot /mnt/backtrack/ /bin/bash
bt~#nano /etc/lilo.conf

Now I like to delete all the bulls**t in the lilo config file so here is what mine would look like. (remember to set your own VGA accordingly )

lba32
boot /dev/sda
prompt
timeout=60
change-rules
reset
vga=791
image = /boot/vmlinuz
root = /dev/sda3
label = backtrack3_final

Excellent. Save that and then execute lilo (I like to use the verbose flag)
bt~#lilo -v

after that exit your chroot enviorment
bt/~exit

and reboot and cross your fingers

bt~#reboot
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

everything goes fine once I install it.. but problem comes after I say reboot my eeepc .. seems like the filesystem gets corrupted or something.. could it be cause I rebooted typing reboot ? on terminal without umount first.. I'm not sure but I think I ran kde and chose restart.. I guess restart takes care of umounting all devices