Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: virus? worm? trojan?

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I've pulled around four thousand feet of network cable in the last two houses I've lived in, none of it has been in conduit.
    I agree, the house we bought I pulled a little over 1000' of CAT5 and about 800' of RG6QS and the only conduit that I have is 2 2' runs behind the wall in the basement where it terminates in a cabinet.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentK View Post
    You might want to consider using a Homeplug device before re-wiring the house. Also keep in mind that you can convert phone jacks into RJ45 jacks with minimal effort. Most houses have enough to make it doable. If you do decide to re-wire, don't run the cable itself! Install conduit instead so you can upgrade your network with far less effort the next time.

Have you already formatted your system? I remove malware and medium depth rootkits for a living and should be able to help you remove it in about 45 minutes to an hour and a half (from your initial description of slow ssl pages, cpu usage etc.) it sounds like you have either a BHO or dll injector infection.
    Thanks for the offer, appersiate it, system already been reformeatted.

Goning to try and run the cables around the house this weekend at some point if i get chance.

Offending hardware in question is a Multi Media Box/Hard drive which i have hooked up in the living room to my 47 inch HD TV, my wireless router is in the back room so just simple going to run a cable around the room, laid under the carpet to hardwire to the router.

Im also in the process of trying to get a cheap desktop with windows XP (as already have 2 laptops running vista), solely for pentest purposes of pentesting & encoding my home made MKV formated HD movies into a workable format for use with the media box in question.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12