Thread: Need your guy's help

Just burned his ISO

Default Need your guy's help

Dont know if you saw my first thread but i laugh at myself how n00bish i was..

anyway learned alot in the past two days

Bt3 and the wireless assisstant is having problems locating my card..

interestingly enough when i do lspci -vv it shows my card having a Network controller: Broadcom Corporation Bcm43xg

I googled this and found this ubuntu page
    ubuntuforumsDOTorg/showthread.php?t=185174

on there it says

"Okay so you have a wireless card that shows up in ubuntu but doesnt connect to any wireless network?

The reason the card shows up but doesn't work is because ubuntu is only distributed with its driver (so it can recognize it) not with its firmware (so it can USE it) for legal reasons.

However you can take the firmware out of the windows drivers and put them into ubuntu and make the card work!"

im guessing BT3 reconizes the card with the included driver however its firmware isnt not installed... i checked the firmware file in bt3 and paired it up with the picture on that ubuntu screenshot and i see they are pretty much the same except bt3 has more firmware (i assume because it has to be compatiable with more then the broadcom cards)

My problem is that the system reconizes the card in lspci but in iwconfig, ifconfig i cannot see the card

Some things ive done already following this thread
    "need help badly........"
    forums.remote-exploit showthread.php?t=18872

almost everything about that thead and my problem are the same except that Ifconfig, and iwconfig only show my local loopback and my wired ethernet card

i cannot understand why it sees it with lspci and it does not with iwconfig

please help meh

Quote Originally Posted by Hebrewhammer View Post
    Dont know if you saw my first thread but i laugh at myself how n00bish i was..

anyway learned alot in the past two days

Bt3 and the wireless assisstant is having problems locating my card..

interestingly enough when i do lspci -vv it shows my card having a Network controller: Broadcom Corporation Bcm43xg

I googled this and found this ubuntu page
    ubuntuforumsDOTorg/showthread.php?t=185174

on there it says

"Okay so you have a wireless card that shows up in ubuntu but doesnt connect to any wireless network?

The reason the card shows up but doesn't work is because ubuntu is only distributed with its driver (so it can recognize it) not with its firmware (so it can USE it) for legal reasons.

However you can take the firmware out of the windows drivers and put them into ubuntu and make the card work!"

im guessing BT3 reconizes the card with the included driver however its firmware isnt not installed... i checked the firmware file in bt3 and paired it up with the picture on that ubuntu screenshot and i see they are pretty much the same except bt3 has more firmware (i assume because it has to be compatiable with more then the broadcom cards)

My problem is that the system reconizes the card in lspci but in iwconfig, ifconfig i cannot see the card

Some things ive done already following this thread
    "need help badly........"
    forums.remote-exploit showthread.php?t=18872

almost everything about that thead and my problem are the same except that Ifconfig, and iwconfig only show my local loopback and my wired ethernet card

i cannot understand why it sees it with lspci and it does not with iwconfig

please help meh
    Not sure if this will help but but give it a try first run

Code:
    ifconfig eth1 up
    now with my brodcom card the command brings up the card but the card does not work until I press the wireless hot key and it lights up blue. Not sure if you have a hot key or a switch for your card but worth a try.
    As for the wireless assistant I don't use it because it is very bugy I suggest doing it in the command line and here is a thread to help.

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=1489

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by wick86 View Post
    Not sure if this will help but but give it a try first run

Code:
    ifconfig eth1 up
    now with my brodcom card the command brings up the card but the card does not work until I press the wireless hot key and it lights up blue. Not sure if you have a hot key or a switch for your card but worth a try.
    As for the wireless assistant I don't use it because it is very bugy I suggest doing it in the command line and here is a thread to help.

//forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=1489

Code:
    ifconfig eth1 up
    eth1: ERROR while getting interface flags: No such device

stopped mid thread to the
    Code:
    iwconfig -a
    -a No such device

lspci -vv comes up with
    Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM43xg (rev 01)
    Subsystem: Linksus unknown device 0060
    Control: I/O- Mem+ Busmaster+ Speccycle- MemWINV- VGAsnoop- Parerr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B-
    Status Cap- 66mhz- UDF Fastb2b- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <Tabort- <MAbort- >Serr- <perr0
    Latency: 0
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 19
    Region 0: Memory at cfef4000 (32 bit, non-prefectchable)[Size=16k]

BTW im hand writeing all of this because im using my g/fs laptop and my desktop has the bt3

Just burned his ISO

well you know what i dicided, im going to go to the Bt3 wiki and buy a card off the list of confermed winners screw this missing around