Hi all , before entering the subject i apologies for my poor english , any remark would be wellcome . I'm not a real linux noob as i'm using linux for 5 years now . I have not access to other forums so i am posting here .

Here's the problem , i have three OS intalled on my machine , XP , Ubuntu and Backtrack following this order . I installed Backtrack 3 without any problem and used it for a while .
Though , a problem appeared i don't know how , my screen resolution was not being detected anymore in Ubuntu nor BT and besides shows me an "Out Of Range" message .

After a little googling and search in this forums , i found the same problems about Out Of Range" message but no solution . I figured out it was my LCD screen that might be the cause . I worked around by manually setting up the xorg.conf and specifying the resolution and refresh rates . That's it , this fix worked .... but i still have a problem with BT .

I noticed that after booting BT the xorg.conf was initialised with the same config xconf gives . So i have to manually cp the xorg.conf.manual to xorg.conf every time i start BT( in text mode ) then startx .

Is there a fix or script or something like to tell X using a defined xorg.conf ?

Thanx in advance

EDIT: I figured out how to get over this by deleting the xconf from the autoexec parameter in the kernel boot options in my grub menu.lst file

basicily it's something like
Code:
kernel (hd1,0)/vmlinuz root=/dev/hdb1 autoxec=xconf, kdm