Thread: slapt-get new kernel and alsa drivers?

Default slapt-get new kernel and alsa drivers?

So I installed slapt-get today and noticed in my /etc/slapt-get/slapt-getrc file that kernel and alsa upgrades are excluded... recently I have been putting forth a little bit of effort to try and get my sound working and upgrading my kernel is the answer... my question is if I take those 2 out of my exclude list and let the upgrade process do its thing what is the worst that could happen? what will start messing up on bt3b? and is this the smart way to go about it?
    Go jump off a bridge ;)

Good friend of the forums

Quote Originally Posted by IneedHelp View Post
    So I installed slapt-get today and noticed in my /etc/slapt-get/slapt-getrc file that kernel and alsa upgrades are excluded... recently I have been putting forth a little bit of effort to try and get my sound working and upgrading my kernel is the answer... my question is if I take those 2 out of my exclude list and let the upgrade process do its thing what is the worst that could happen? what will start messing up on bt3b? and is this the smart way to go about it?
    Don't do a kernel upgrade. alsa kinda depends on the kernel so don't upgrade alsa either. BT3 is dependent upon the kernel is comes with. If you do a kernel upgrade your ability to do wireless stuff will break. The BT3 kernel is HIGHLY customize to meet the needs of penetration testers. Sound is not that important to most of us. A functioning wireless card is essential.

If you are truly running BT3 beta it is time to upgrade to Final.
    I like the bleeding edge, but I don't like blood loss

Quote Originally Posted by bofh28 View Post
    Don't do a kernel upgrade. alsa kinda depends on the kernel so don't upgrade alsa either. BT3 is dependent upon the kernel is comes with. If you do a kernel upgrade your ability to do wireless stuff will break. The BT3 kernel is HIGHLY customize to meet the needs of penetration testers. Sound is not that important to most of us. A functioning wireless card is essential.

If you are truly running BT3 beta it is time to upgrade to Final.
    Ok and what is upgrading to bt3 final gonna do? Ill still be in the same boat but this time with half of my shit missing...
    Go jump off a bridge ;)