Thread: sniffing skype? what to use?

Just burned his ISO

Red face sniffing skype? what to use?

Hi Just wondering if it can be done??? I would think that it's able to be done - because I am continually wowed by what BT can do, but then I know with encrypted traffic there are many tricks that can be used ....

So CAN SKYPE TRAFFIC BE SNIFFED and the audio played back????

NOOB question i know but again --- If I don't ask I wont know

Cheers

sniffing skype is not trivial, because (most) traffic is encrypted... but there are some ways to capture skype traffic. If you like it difficult, take a look at the Black Hat Europe 2006 page

blackhat.com/html/bh-media-archives/bh-archives-2006.html#eu-06

Speak:

Philippe Biondi, & Fabrice Desclaux
    Silver Needle in the Skype
    The answer is 42.

Just burned his ISO

Talking re: silver needle in skype

Cheers for the link,

It seems that for now there isn't much hope from a simple capture dump point of view but it's a good thing for me anyway..........I plan on going to China one day to be a missionary so it'sll be good not to have the phone bugged (again)

i hope for you that the chinese don't find a way to crack skype encryption

good luck to you.
    The answer is 42.

Is it possible to sniff Skype's chat messages using Ettercap or some other program ?

I am using this function quite a lot and is worried whether others can see my chat messages.

Just burned his ISO

All right, I want to create my own Podcast for my business involving technology and VoIP. I am currently creating a Podcast for my business detailing technology and VoIP. What would make the Podcast interesting enough for you to listen and what are some of the things you would like to learn about involving technology and VOIP? Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you,

Good friend of the forums

Check out hackingexposed VOIP book, they have some scripts that can be run localy that target the server and the phone.
    www.hackingvoip.com

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by andy1 View Post
    Hi Just wondering if it can be done??? I would think that it's able to be done - because I am continually wowed by what BT can do, but then I know with encrypted traffic there are many tricks that can be used ....

So CAN SKYPE TRAFFIC BE SNIFFED and the audio played back????

NOOB question i know but again --- If I don't ask I wont know

Cheers
    Hello, i try to find a possibility to learn about the emails of my skype contacts or the emails of the people which communicate with me during skype chats. Is any particular sniffer programme you know about to install?I would thank you
    in advance

Just burned his ISO

Default sniffer programme

Hello, i try to find a possibility to learn about the emails of my skype contacts or the emails of the people which communicate with me during skype chats. Is any particular sniffer programme you know about to install?I would thank you
    in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Kleondora View Post
    in advance
    Do you mean capture their email addresses? Surely it must have occurred to you that they may not want you to have them. I'm not sure of the legal standpoint on the interception as you are a party to the communication but it's a clear violation of their privacy which is an offence in some countries.
    First Rule of Holes: When you're in one - Stop Digging!