Thread: Use Buggy Wireless Assistant

Hybrid View

Talking Use Buggy Wireless Assistant

Wireless Assistant is in no way recommended.. But if your new to linux and you get frustrated and just want to see internet work. Try it..

This may be different depending on how you boot bt3 or by machine or wifi card i have no idea but if it works for you, let me know..

My Specs:
    BT3 USB
    WUSB54GC
    (Unsecured Network) No Wep

1. Boot BT3 and Open Wireless Assistant right away.
    2. Select the Network you want to connect to.
    3. Press Connect and select the DHCP option and hit enter or ok. After that close the Wireless Assistant right away.
    4. You will see blinking bulbs in the right hand corner.. Wait a minute..
    5. See if you can open up a website... you should be connected.

IF YOU close WA and re-open it... It will say no networks found.

IF YOU do not open WA right away when you boot.. It will say no networks found.

IF YOU leave WA running for too long after you connect it will disconnect or just not work.

IF YOU have to disconnect and reconnect for any reason you can try unpluging the USB wifi card and plugin it back in and start the process over.. (Works for me)

Let me know if this helps anybody or if this post is just plain retarted lol...
    +Dimus+

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Wireless Assistant is in no way recommended.. But if your new to linux and you get frustrated and just want to see internet work. Try it..

This may be different depending on how you boot bt3 or by machine or wifi card i have no idea but if it works for you, let me know..

My Specs:
    BT3 USB
    WUSB54GC
    (Unsecured Network) No Wep

1. Boot BT3 and Open Wireless Assistant right away.
    2. Select the Network you want to connect to.
    3. Press Connect and select the DHCP option and hit enter or ok. After that close the Wireless Assistant right away.
    4. You will see blinking bulbs in the right hand corner.. Wait a minute..
    5. See if you can open up a website... you should be connected.

IF YOU close WA and re-open it... It will say no networks found.

IF YOU do not open WA right away when you boot.. It will say no networks found.

IF YOU leave WA running for too long after you connect it will disconnect or just not work.

IF YOU have to disconnect and reconnect for any reason you can try unpluging the USB wifi card and plugin it back in and start the process over.. (Works for me)

Let me know if this helps anybody or if this post is just plain retarted lol...
    I really don't see the benefit in telling people to use buggy software when alternatives, which are just as easy to operate, are in abundance....

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Developer

I'm inclined to agree with shadowkill. In fact I would go so far as to say if you can't connect to a wifi access point via shell commands you should probably not be using backtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    I'm inclined to agree with shadowkill. In fact I would go so far as to say if you can't connect to a wifi access point via shell commands you should probably not be using backtrack.
    Judging from the number of posts lately about very basic operations (burning a CD in Windows, booting in BT, etc.), maybe there needs to be a thread or FAQ about "If you can't do ______ , then you shouldn't be using BackTrack".
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Judging from the number of posts lately about very basic operations (burning a CD in Windows, booting in BT, etc.), maybe there needs to be a thread or FAQ about "If you can't do ______ , then you shouldn't be using BackTrack".
    The saying is "school holidays keep coming earlier each year"
    Jesse -- NOM NOM NOM ^.^