Thread: Installing Ophcrack the easy way

Default Installing Ophcrack the easy way

Hey guys, I've been working on creating a 'mobile' version of BT3 which means moving all my programs from my BT3 HDD install to a usb drive and dumping KDE 4 in favour of more a lightweight KDE 3.5. This means that Ophcrack will no longer install due to the lack of QT 4.3. So I've made two modules to get Ophcrack up and running on my flash drive. There doesn't seem to be much documentation around here on how to install Ophcrack other than the thread where you have to compile everything. So here's my modules. Just plop them in your modules folder and your good to go.

QT 4.3 module
    Ophcrack 3.1.0 module

Also, if it is of any use to anyone, here are the two .tgz files I made to make the modules from.

QT 4.3 .tgz
    Ophcrack 3.1.0 .tgz

I've tested the modules on an out of the box USB install of BT3. The tgz's should work since I made the modules from them but I have not tested them.
    Sorry if something along these lines has already been posted. You can't have too much documentation though.

also :

benjy-blog.blogspot.com/2008/08/usb-windows-password-cracker-tuto.html

with "ophcrack.lzm"

++

Quote Originally Posted by benjy View Post
    also :

benjy-blog.blogspot.com/2008/08/usb-windows-password-cracker-tuto.html

with "ophcrack.lzm"

++
    Yea I imagined there would be others that have already done this but as I said below, I was not able to find any links on the forum.

I just use their bootable cds.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69