Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Day job!

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    No, it would be sad if you'd actually tried them on a fire control computer.
    Hah. In turn is it sad that I know an operator who has?

"The goal of every man should be to continue living even after he can no longer draw breath."

~ShadowKill

Just burned his ISO

I am a Senior Field Engineer for a company that works on Wind Turbines all around the USA. Pretty neat job i guess...

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpErYhAcK View Post
    I am a Senior Field Engineer for a company that works on Wind Turbines all around the USA. Pretty neat job i guess...
    Very cool. You been to the big turbine farm near South Point in Hawaii?

You don't have acrophobia do ya?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

Actually no I haven't, but my boss has when he worked for GE, I use to work for GE but have moved on since... I'm not scared of anything but spiders really.... I can maybe get some pictures of those turbines tho, i have a nice picture of the site I mainly work on here in IOWA.... In 5 years Iowa will have more Turbines than any other state... Texas is number one as of now.... Also GE's Salem Pitch system uses .tar files.... haven't looked into it much yet tho....

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Did you see the footage of that turbine self destructing in Europe?
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Just burned his ISO

Oh yes many times, That was belived to be done on purpose, although there was a Siemens turbine that fell over in washington and kill 3 guys but due to inexperience, they locked the blades at 0 degrees and it was pointed into the wind and they had no way of stopping it and it spun and acted just like the video you speak of, you should be able to good that siemens turbine falling in washington a year or two ago... I work on strictly GE 1.5MW Turbines, I know them like the back of my hand......I'm 23yrs old btw....

Work for a large university managing Cisco switches. Only able to do layer 2 functions as of right now. Trying to get my CCSP and get a promotion next year.

Ran into BackTrack and the offsec course about 8 months ago (Now I'm hooked). I am having a very difficult time trying to manage my time studying between Cisco and Infosec. Got about 16 books I have purchased recently and read about 1/4 of all of them. Having a hard time committing to any of them

Just so much to learn and not enough time

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678