Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ok this may seem like a fishy question but....

Default Ok this may seem like a fishy question but....

I am wondering how you would launch a remote attack against a computer that uses no wifi and without being there on their network without some kind of backdoor being used (ex. victim having nothing but a dsl modem)... I am pretty sure it is possible I think... I have defeated my wireless network countless times just bullshitting around and it seems like everything is pretty easy when your on the network but what can you do with just an ip address? I was on the phone with my kids mom the other night messing around (I was at my house on my comp and she was at hers on her comp) and we were trying to see if it was possible to even do and I couldn't figure it out for the life of me... also what else bothers me is that she has a nice firewall and a lot of security monitors on her comp and none of them were going off when I was sending ping requests and doing port scans and all that other bs... shouldn't those have picked up anything I was doing? she was saying if I wasn't sitting here telling her what I was doing she would have never knew what was going on... that is scary to me anyway I don't need to know exactly what to do I am just curious if this is even possible and I would possibly like to learn how as this is a very interesting and obviously skilled part of hacking any responses are appreciated...
    Go jump off a bridge ;)

Just to clearify are you (attacker) and her (victim) BOTH directly plugged into the DMZ?! (DSL modem with no router or hub)
    This is a hackers forum :P
    root ~# aircrack-ng pwnd-01.cap
    Lenovo Thinkpad R500, OS: Ubuntu 8.10, BackTrack3, Windows XP (VirtualBox), Windows Vista, Windows 7 beta

Quote Originally Posted by Shavx View Post
    Just to clearify are you (attacker) and her (victim) BOTH directly plugged into the DMZ?! (DSL modem with no router or hub)
    yes i am the attacker and she is the victim and she is the only person plugged in to the dsl modem with no router or hub and that is located at her house which is about 6 miles away from my house which is where i would be attacking from if i was to actually give it a try again... i know installing a backdoor on her comp would give me access but that would be cheating so im not about to install any backdoors on her comp because that would defeat the purpose of what im trying to do... i just want to know if it is even possible to say for instance take an ip from an e-mail and somehow or another after launching port scans and all that other bs from my comp to gain access to her comp...
    Go jump off a bridge ;)

The only way is across the internet which is probably against your T&Cs of your ISP and will probably be against some law.

JMC31337

Quote Originally Posted by IneedHelp View Post
    yes i am the attacker and she is the victim and she is the only person plugged in to the dsl modem with no router or hub and that is located at her house which is about 6 miles away from my house which is where i would be attacking from if i was to actually give it a try again... i know installing a backdoor on her comp would give me access but that would be cheating so im not about to install any backdoors on her comp because that would defeat the purpose of what im trying to do... i just want to know if it is even possible to say for instance take an ip from an e-mail and somehow or another after launching port scans and all that other bs from my comp to gain access to her comp...
    Are you asking how to hack into a computer??? As long as you have permission, your port scans on the IP will tell you what to research and for each one that you find, what they do. However, doesn't that defeat the purpose of learning?? hacking is an art (that is seldom gained through conversations).... And if you know this person as well as you make it seem, then you can always just ask... google whats my ip

Metasploit works over the Internet just like over a LAN. You just need the ip open ports and software versions. Nmap will give you most of that. Otherwise you can do targeted Trojans or something like that.
    I'm not sure how DSL works since I've never had one but you could try dialing directly into her modem since you have the phone number. It's an oldschool way of doing things so a lot of people don't worry about securing a dialup modem but it worked for SOLO when he got into NASA a few years back, mabe it would work for you.
    Morpheus: "You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."

Neo: "What if I take both?"

Morpheus: "Don't do that! You end up like Nick Nolte!"

Dont think you can dial into a DSL modem because of the way the filter works, not like dialing a modem, it'll just make the phone ring.
    But still not sure its good using Nmap across the internet.

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IneedHelp View Post
    also what else bothers me is that she has a nice firewall and a lot of security monitors on her comp and none of them were going off when I was sending ping requests and doing port scans and all that other bs...
    Well if something isn't a threat then there's really no point in hearing about it... I mean my body's immune system doesn't tell me about the thousands of infections it fights off every day.

what is scary to me anyway I don't need to know exactly what to do I am just curious if this is even possible and I would possibly like to learn how as this is a very interesting and obviously skilled part of hacking any responses are appreciated...
    Well my first guess is that it seems pretty likely that your wife is behind a NAT-enabled router. Because of this, I'd say the packets you sent to her never made it to her machine. Had you considered this? The router itself might have responded with "Port Closed" or "Port Filtered".

Quote Originally Posted by Revelati View Post
    Metasploit works over the Internet just like over a LAN. You just need the ip open ports and software versions. Nmap will give you most of that. Otherwise you can do targeted Trojans or something like that.
    I'm not sure how DSL works since I've never had one but you could try dialing directly into her modem since you have the phone number. It's an oldschool way of doing things so a lot of people don't worry about securing a dialup modem but it worked for SOLO when he got into NASA a few years back, mabe it would work for you.
    How the hell do you use metasploit over the internet? Me and my friend Ellis have tried to do just that for months without success.... We were told we would have to VPN our networks together. I got him to turn off his firewalls download my exploits to return a shell to me and we got nowhere.
    There is no spoon.

Post Re:

Some DSL modems come secured by default. So, it won't be easy for you!
    Without her doing something 'wrong' online ( e.g. surfing to bad sites, downloading some trojaned software, videos, pics, etc), I think you are getting nowhere!
    It would help if you told us the DSL model she is using, maybe we can check the defaults it comes with and if they are misconfigured, we can work together and may just find a hole and slip through. We will need to know open ports, etc.And maybe her IP, no DON'T do that, I am kidding!
    Maybe some uPnP vulnerability. It depends on the OS( XP with SP2 with enabled firewall by default, will block you from outside ) and DSL modem.
    Other than that, not much you can do!Ooo,you can maybe DDoS her!
    Her net connection could go down, but you will need a lot of bandwidth! Try building your botnet,( of course, I am very much joking ), and DoS her.
    If a haxor will scan for a range of IPs,he will go right past her, since she has no ports open, nothing will show up in his scan, but that depends on his way of scanning and for what he is looking for!
    No luck for you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast