Thread: Wifi internet from command line?

Default Wifi internet from command line?

I know how to use wifi assistant thing to connect to wifi point but i would like to know what is the command line text to connect to a wifi point ?
    DNA + hacker = Life hacker

Quote Originally Posted by Basic204 View Post
    I know how to use wifi assistant thing to connect to wifi point but i would like to know what is the command line text to connect to a wifi point ?
    check this out
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=1489

Quote Originally Posted by Basic204 View Post
    Need more info to help properly. Does the WiFi point use encryption (WEP or WPA)? What is your wireless interface? From your question, I will assume you are not familiar with Linux. So, to get you started, open a shell and run the command "iwconfig" to get the name of the wireless interface. If you want to figure this out on your own, run "iwconfig -h" and the various options will show up that you need to use to connect to an Access Point via the command line.

No its just a open one no encryption or anything
    DNA + hacker = Life hacker

the link that wick86 provided really does cover the information in detail about how to accomplish this.
    (here is the very abriged version)

iwconfig <wireless interface> essid <name of your AP>
    ifconfig <wireless interface> up
    iwconfig (and see if you are associated)
    dhcpcd <wireless interface> (if you are associated successfully)

....but just follow the info provided in wick86's link and you should be up and working in no time...if you are trying to learn the command line, you should really try using --help after the command to see the available options (iwconfig --help) or even better "man iwconfig" (or whatever command) to really learn the options and syntax...man pages are great (usually) and, you learn much better working it out for yourself.

Good Luck...

Maby you already know but make sure that the wifi card is in managed mode instead of monitor mode. In monitor mode the wifi card can't connect.

iwconfig wlan# mode managed

GL...