Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patriot Hacker Hits Jihad With DDoS Attacks

Thumbs up Patriot Hacker Hits Jihad With DDoS Attacks

Anyone else been following this?

Patriot Hacker Hits Jihad With DDoS Attacks : Information Security Resources

Jester (th3j35t3r) on Twitter

I've got mixed feelings about this...should the site be left alone so that intel can be gathered by the IAs of the world, or should the sites be taken down?
    "You can get more with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone."
    - Al Capone

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for that bit of news. Just read it. It's interesting, I can't help but say I support that guy. Funny, I came on trying to figure out how to upgrade Firefox and came across that really neat website. Thanks man.

Darn touchy subject.

There seems to be alot more ( and more "accepted" or maybe "expected") nationalistic (no there is nothing wrong with being nationalistic no matter what media writes) hacking from other sides (at least as seen by media reports).

It could be that certain countries support and protect their "cyber militia" while ours enforces the laws and puts them in jails.

While I believe in "nuke them till they glow, then shoot them in the dark" kind of policy, the problem with hacking for your "team" (problem as i see it), is choice of targets. Today it is AQ (not like many people will have problem with doing anything to them), tomorrow.... any website that you don't like?

There are also questions to which I don't have ready answer, like 1st amendment vs war. If site is done by an American, free speech vs the fact that we are at war. Possibly war for survival of our civilization as we know it?

I think the really old concept of putting certain organizations (like Al quieda) outside law officially would be nice. So any private citizen can take pot shots at them legally, and in any way they like.

technically problem might be - (DDOS (if he is running it all from his server - how easy to trace wow) should this not be DOS?).
    If this is a shared server is he DOS-ing unknown number of unrelated sites, some may be advocating for our side?

I'm all for doing anything and all to bad guys (bg's as Al quieda) but there are both legal and technical issues of using DDOS or DOS on them.

Sin-cerely,
    Trol

Just burned his ISO

This guy is a jerk

Probably using something like Slowloris

hffp:|| milw0rm dot com/exploits/8976

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck- View Post
    This guy is a jerk

Probably using something like Slowloris

hffp:|| milw0rm dot com/exploits/8976

Enjoy.
    What the hell are you talking about?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    What the hell are you talking about?
    Sorry, I drink a lot so my memory isn't too good..

Well, this guy is a jerk because he's clearly a us marine or some division of the UK armed forces. He's all over the shop with his "I'm so awesome, surgical precision" nonsense. He says he specifically says he's not using DDos. There is nothing ‘distributed’ about this. It is possible with very low bandwidth and a single low-spec linux machine.

He claims it's his own application I have been and continue to develop methods and tools to disrupt, mis-inform and obstruct this kind of terrorist activity

This goon is simply sending loads of http requests and keeping them open. Nothing wrong with the attack, just a jerk for being all over twitter about it and talking about his "surgical attack" this guy was lucky to escape from basics training without shooting himself in the head.

That's what i'm ****ing talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck- View Post
    Sorry, I drink a lot so my memory isn't too good..
    Well, this guy is a jerk because he's clearly a us marine or some division of the UK armed forces.
    While he might or might not be a jerk, being a Marine is a redeeming quality in my eyes.
    So go back to drinking, "this is not a thread you are looking for" (jedi heand wave). nothing to see here.

Sin-cerely,
    Trol

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by webtrol View Post
    While he might or might not be a jerk, being a Marine is a redeeming quality in my eyes.
    So go back to drinking, "this is not a thread you are looking for" (jedi heand wave). nothing to see here.

Sin-cerely,
    Trol
    I personally doubt he was a marine or any kind of military at all more like a Mall Ninja. But I do agree, nothing to see here, please move along.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by webtrol View Post

Sin-cerely,
    Trol
    Agreed. Any military service (especially US or UK) trumps being a jerk any day.

By the way, I agree with a lot of your first post. In general this is a sticky subject. While I'd rather see our intel services mining such sites for information, I can certainly understand the urge for independent action, and can't really blame people for doing something. It sure beats being on the other end of the legal issues; standing in a line for three hours just so to have the privilege of walking around on a dirty floor in stocking feet and letting a badly-trained TSA agent grope you and sniff your underwear.

The legal concept of placing terrorist organizations as extralegal entities -allowing anyone to take a potshot at them- has some appeal, and plenty of precedent, too. All one has to do is look at admiralty law regarding pirates; the precedents date back at least 250 years. I recently read a paper by a lawyer voicing precisely that argument. It has a lot of merit in my mind.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Just burned his ISO

You can look at this from two perspectives, one he was taking down sites that were potentially recruitiung the next generation of terrorist bombers and i think his aim was to make thier voice unheard. On the other hand i aggree with thorn, government services can and do use terroist sites to gather information on petential terrorists.

As for "Duck-" your ramblings are pathetic, Grow Up. Swearing on a forum does not make you cool infact the complete opposite. We should all have respect for the armed forces around the world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast