Thread: Making Kingston Data Traveler DTI/4GB Bootable?

Just burned his ISO

Default Making Kingston Data Traveler DTI/4GB Bootable?

I've tried just about everything under the sun to make this USB stick bootable. Any suggestions from anyone who has gotten this USB stick to boot?

Just burned his ISO

What seems to be the problem. Where does it stop working? I have a Kingston Data Traveller 4GB that wil not boot my notebook, but boots my stationary just fine.

http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=11597
    my Kingston Data Traveler 4 GB boots one pc just fine and won't work on my laptop.

Just burned his ISO

I've tried the USBtest scripts and everything on laptops and desktops and still can't get the USB drive to be seen as bootable. I have read "some" flash drives aren't bootable and I guess I've gotten my hands on one that isn't.

Just burned his ISO

Yeah, I have a 2GB Kingston DataTraveller USB Stick and I made it bootable just the other day...

While in windoze: Formatted the USB stick to FAT, extracted .iso, copied the /boot and /BT3 folders to the stick, ran the bootinst.bat in /boot and ... that was it.

It boots smoothly on my ACER laptop but havnt tried it anywhere else. Seems strange that BT isnt booting from something similar..

Just burned his ISO

Updating the syslinux utility to ver. 3.60 worked for my USB drive.
    www kernel org/pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux/

Just burned his ISO

So you just replaced the syslinux on BT3 with version 3.60 and it worked? Or you went another install route?

Just burned his ISO

yup, just replaced the three files.

Just burned his ISO

my observation

Kingston DTI with cap is bootable and is detected in PC Bios under HDD or Removeable disk

Kingston DTI slider model is not bootable. Its got something to do with flash design i belive.