Thread: BT3 Usb stick, boot help

Just burned his ISO

Default BT3 Usb stick, boot help

Hi

First of all I want to make it clear that i'm no Linux wizard. Bt is my first real encounter with linux so go easy on me. Allso, feel free to correct my terminology because I tend to use names for things that actually are called something else. Now thats said. To the point.

First of all my trying to install bt3 on a usb stick. And finally, when I get to know it a little bit better, install it on my Aa1.
    I've got one Sandisk Cruzer(4gb), and a a Kingston somethingsomething(2gb). First I tried with the Sandisk.

I downloaded the bt3final_usb.iso image and extracted the folders onto the freshly formated usb device. Then ran the bootinst.bat file. Seemed to work fine. When I try booting the aa1 with the cruzer disk I get following message:

SYSLINUX 3.36 2007-02-10 EBIOS Copyright (C) 1994-2007 H. Peter Anvin
    Could not find kernel image: linux
    boot: _

So I went back to the iso file and did the same thing with the Kingston. Worked fine until I boot up the aa1. First time it froze up on the bios load. Second time I got the same message as with the Sandisk.

Now. What to do?

Did you remove the U3 utility from the USB stick first?
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

I did. I might allso mention that I extracted the folders from the iso using winrar instead of copying them from daemontools. If that would make any difference.

Just burned his ISO

Got it working now. Only thing I did was to download the .iso file again.
    Seems like the old iso was broken (very short copying process indicating it didn't move all the files).

Quote Originally Posted by Farnell View Post
    Got it working now. Only thing I did was to download the .iso file again.
    Seems like the old iso was broken (very short copying process indicating it didn't move all the files).
    Good to hear. This is why it is always recommended to confirm the checksum of the download as soon as it is finished.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.