Thread: Wireless USB Devices

Just burned his ISO

Default Wireless USB Devices

Hi,

Does anyone know whether the Belkin 802.11G Wirless USB Adapters are compatible with VMware to use with BT 3, since VMware does not detect my internal Atheros card? If not, does anyone know any low priced but decent USB devices I could try?

Also, if I was using the USB version of BT 3 and booting it from my USB drive, and I then logged into BT 3 and downloaded a word dictionary for brute force (around 2GB) to the desktop of BT 3, will this saved data be there if I were to restart my laptop and boot BT 3 up again...i.e will it be there all the time instead of disappearing after re-booting like with the live CD since it doesn't save permenantly on the CD? In other words, I want to be able to use my USB drive as a saving source for BT 3...is this at all possible?

Thank-you!

Quote Originally Posted by Googolplex View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone know whether the Belkin 802.11G Wirless USB Adapters are compatible with VMware to use with BT 3, since VMware does not detect my internal Atheros card? If not, does anyone know any low priced but decent USB devices I could try?
    Only wireless cards connected through USB will be recognized by VMware, all wireless USB cards that are supported by BT3 will work out of the box in the VMware version as well

Quote Originally Posted by Googolplex View Post
    Also, if I was using the USB version of BT 3 and booting it from my USB drive, and I then logged into BT 3 and downloaded a word dictionary for brute force (around 2GB) to the desktop of BT 3, will this saved data be there if I were to restart my laptop and boot BT 3 up again...i.e will it be there all the time instead of disappearing after re-booting like with the live CD since it doesn't save permenantly on the CD? In other words, I want to be able to use my USB drive as a saving source for BT 3...is this at all possible?

Thank-you!
    Unless you are using a live installation with persistent changes it will not. There are several tutorials available on how to set it up properly.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by =Tron= View Post
    Only wireless cards connected through USB will be recognized by VMware, all wireless USB cards that are supported by BT3 will work out of the box in the VMware version as well

Unless you are using a live installation with persistent changes it will not. There are several tutorials available on how to set it up properly.
    Hi, ok Tron, thanks for your reply and I will look up the tutorials on how to set it up properly. Sorry for my noobness, i'm not really upto date with BT3, I use 3.1 quite a lot and also Kubuntu, but its been a while since I have used BT3. I just wasen't at all to sure whether or not to use the Vmware version or the USB version of BT 3!