Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Difference between Super Cantenna SCB10 and SCB10X

Quote Originally Posted by then00b View Post
    OK OK fair enough.

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ve/...mw-80211bg-_JM

http://loja.tray.com.br/loja/produto...heros_mikrotik

But I think I am going to go Alfa here, I don't know why, I just don't have a good feeling about this 600mw.

Now to decide what cable to go with (LMR 195 or 200, or should I go LMR 400, but that is a lot more expensive, how long do I want these cables? I can get a really long LMR 400 at a little less loss than a short LMR 195, and someone on ebay sells LMR 400 cable in multiples of 10 feet for 7.50 per 10 feet...and then a connector, but that is cheaper than a pre made one, but do I trust myself adn my skills to make a good one? I don't know...)

EDIT: Doh, you beat me to the links Barry
    Without the proper tools don't even bother making your own jumpers. I've screwed up enough with the proper tools! Buy premade cables from a reputable dealer (not ebay).
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

OK, I shall buy premade. But the ebay guys are quite cheap and the websites are quite expensive...o what shall I do...

What I might just do...is just get a RP-SMA (male...?) to N male (I think) right angle adapter (remember I think I am going to go BiQuad) and just hook the Alfa right up to the antenna...**** the cable you know? Get a long USB extension cable if needed...

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

OK, I shall buy premade. But the ebay guys are quite cheap and the websites are quite expensive...o what shall I do...

What I might just do...is just get a RP-SMA (male...?) to N male (I think) right angle adapter (remember I think I am going to go BiQuad) and just hook the Alfa right up to the antenna...**** the cable you know? Get a long USB extension cable if needed...
    Umm, well you get what you pay for. Buy a cheap one and that's what you get.

Fab-Corp is probably one of the best places to get cables, and they'll make cables to order.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Ya I guess you are right. A 4 foot LMR 400 cable is 28 dollars shipped. That is decent I guess.

OK OK fair enough.

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ve/...mw-80211bg-_JM

http://loja.tray.com.br/loja/produto...heros_mikrotik

But I think I am going to go Alfa here, I don't know why, I just don't have a good feeling about this 600mw.

Now to decide what cable to go with (LMR 195 or 200, or should I go LMR 400, but that is a lot more expensive, how long do I want these cables? I can get a really long LMR 400 at a little less loss than a short LMR 195, and someone on ebay sells LMR 400 cable in multiples of 10 feet for 7.50 per 10 feet...and then a connector, but that is cheaper than a pre made one, but do I trust myself adn my skills to make a good one? I don't know...)

EDIT: Doh, you beat me to the links Barry
    Aside from loss verses cost, there is also a question of flexibility and diameter. LMR400 has a lower loss than LMR195/200 because it has larger dielectric and better shielding. Both of those double the diameter of the cable, and reduce the amount you can bend the cable. The last three numerals after LMR indicate the outside diameter in thousands of an inch. So LMR 400 is almost 1/2 inch in diameter, and LMR200 has a 2/10" OD.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

This whole cable thing is just for n00bs. I think I might just get an adapter and just connect the Alfa to the back of the antenna. Would this work just as well cable? Would it be more loss or something?

This whole cable thing is just for n00bs. I think I might just get an adapter and just connect the Alfa to the back of the antenna. Would this work just as well cable? Would it be more loss or something?
    It would be less loss, since you'll only have the loss of the adapter and not the cable in between.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

OK, ordered my Alfa yesterday, will get an antenna and adapter for christmas.

This I am assuming is good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/RP-SMA-to-N-Male...3A1|240%3A1318

10 dollars? Goodness

OK, ordered my Alfa yesterday, will get an antenna and adapter for christmas.

This I am assuming is good?

http://cgi.ebay.com/RP-SMA-to-N-Male...3A1|240%3A1318

10 dollars? Goodness
    Probably, there's not a lot to cock up with an adapter, but I suppose it could be done. I have a couple d-stink rp-tnc to r-sma adapters, they work pretty good, so that one should work just as well.

OK I got it a couple days ago and I have been able to crack some wep but not consistently, still messing with Backtrack.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345