Thread: Newb vnc question

Just burned his ISO

Default Newb vnc question

I have a fancy new eee 900ha and an alfa.

I want to set it up for wpa psk cracking.

my aim is to setup the scan in one terminal and the deauth is another and then use vnc to control it from my iphone.

the scan is running and i have started vnc but when i connect, it opens a new term or x session.

How do i (if possible) have it show me the original xterm?

Alright lets sort out your logic

WPA psk cracking, make sure you have a dictionary file

scan in one terminal and deauth in another, which means that you will have your wireless card in monitor mode, aka you arent connected to anything which makes the last part impossible...

VNC over iphone? why?! Unless you have ethernet plugged into the computer then you cant do VNC or connect to the computer over wireless because its in monitor mode.

So i see this whole scenerio play out like this.

iphone --Wireless--> wireless router --Ethernet--> pc vnc (wireless in monitor mode)

Which just leaves us wondering what password you are trying to crack.
    This is a hackers forum :P
    root ~# aircrack-ng pwnd-01.cap
    Lenovo Thinkpad R500, OS: Ubuntu 8.10, BackTrack3, Windows XP (VirtualBox), Windows Vista, Windows 7 beta

Just burned his ISO

see it this way instead

access point is wpa tkip-psk not aes

alfa card is in monitor mode wlan0

the card that comes in my eeepc (ath0) is connected to a seperate wireless point with a working ip address.

The whole thing should look discreet, and is hidden in a corner. the eee doesn't sleep with the screen is closed so i folded up.

using the iphone and vnc that shows the same thing as what i would see on the screen, would let me check progress or deauth from anywhere instead of having to keep checking the same area (suspicious)

the test is to see how effective netbooks are are low key devices. ie hidden in a ceiling panel.

Now can someone help me with vnc?

Just burned his ISO

Default vnc

should i reasonably guess that the vnc server built in only allows access to a new x-session?

Are there flags that will allow me to see the existing session?