Thread: wireless card not found

Just burned his ISO

Default wireless card not found

I have a inprocomm wireless card that BT3 wont detect ( wireless cb54g3/mp54g3 card) I have searched and found no linux drivers that i could find. Is there another way to get around this problem without having to buy a new car? Any help is much appreciated.

R/S
    Luke

I think that card needs to use the ndiswrapper(windows drivers) but won't be able to do any kind of monitor mode or injection, fragmentation, etc. The most it will do is let you get online with it like you would in windows. Not sure if the madwifi drivers work with that card.

Does the card show up in dmesg? Does it even show up under ifconfig or iwconfig? If not, then chances are you won't be able to do anything short of running ndis wrapper and use the windows drivers. Best bet is a compatible USB Wifi card.

http://linux-wless.passys.nl/query_p...dname=Inprocom shows only 2 cards, both of which are unknow to linux(based on that site anyway). If you could find out if the card uses any compatible chipset, like a ralink or atheros chipset, then you could possible force drivers for the device, but only if the card was some sort of generic knock off of another compatible card. I would think that if it did have a compatible chipset, it would have been detected though...

USB cards can be pretty cheap these days. My linksys was somewhere in the $30.00 -$40.00 range if memory serves correct.

Just burned his ISO

What do i look for on the product so i know it will work? Right now i am running bt3 with via vmware, if i plug in a usb wireless will it detect it automatically? Right now I am looking to get a linksys usb wireless card.