Thread: time

7ELEVEN

Default time

How long should it take genpmk to compute a table from a word list file that is 200mb?

its been running for about 2hs now and its up to

Key: 324300 As

oh and b4 it started in was showing me some sentences that didnt make any cents, is that normal?

Quote Originally Posted by 7ELEVEN View Post
    How long should it take genpmk to compute a table from a word list file that is 200mb?

its been running for about 2hs now and its up to

Key: 324300 As

oh and b4 it started in was showing me some sentences that didnt make any cents, is that normal?
    How many words do you have in that file? And how many SSIDs are you trying to use?

When theprez98 ran it recently on one SSID, he found that 172,000 words took approximately 30 minutes.

BTW, typing correctly aids readability. For example, it's "sense"; "cents" is a monetary unit, typically denoting 1/100 of a dollar, and "B4" make no sense.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

7ELEVEN

i dont know how many words are in the file. i got the file from off this forum

"http://forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=7199"

"theargonlistver1.zip"

7ELEVEN

of yea how large should the end file be? as of now it been running for 4hs still doing a's 9.8mb file

A 10MB wordfile takes about 30 minutes to run a single SSID. Assuming that you have comparable processor speed and memory*, then my calculations show that a 200MB word file should take approximately 10 hours for a single SSID. Obviously, differences in processor speed and RAM may change that outcome, as will the number of SSIDs that are being factored.

There's a reason that the CoWF did this on a cluster initially, and then moved to FPGAs.

*I believe that was a 2GHz machine with 1GB of memory.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.