Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BT3 Dictionary? Exploitz EZ-video tutorial....

Just burned his ISO

Question BT3 Dictionary? Exploitz EZ-video tutorial....

Hi Guys, I've successfully cracked my own wep using Bt3 live cd.
    Now I want to learn how to crack my own WPA using BT3 live cd.

I was following the Exploitz EZ-video tutorial (forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230) but realized he mentions a dictionary which I am not sure if BT3 live cd has it built in or not.

Can someone please point me to the right direction or explain to me the steps and if it is possible to do it with BT3 live cd?

Thank you in advance for all your support and help!

Rod.

Just burned his ISO

There are tons of threads on here that have plenty of dictionaries. Use the Search, it is your friend. Since you're using the live CD version just put the dictionaries on a USB or external and use them from there.
    never underestimate the power of idiots in a group

Just burned his ISO

thank you!

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Rodbrazil1973 View Post
    Hi Guys, I've successfully cracked my own wep using Bt3 live cd.
    Now I want to learn how to crack my own WPA using BT3 live cd.

I was following the Exploitz EZ-video tutorial (forums.remote-exploit.org/showthread.php?t=8230) but realized he mentions a dictionary which I am not sure if BT3 live cd has it built in or not.

Can someone please point me to the right direction or explain to me the steps and if it is possible to do it with BT3 live cd?

Thank you in advance for all your support and help!

Rod.
    hi there. not sure if you will have already realised but the live cd does have 2 dictionaries built in.
    if you click home then the up arrow then pentest then wifi. go to aircrack and 1 is in there the other is in cowpatty. hope you can follow that an hope it helps

Just burned his ISO

Thanks I had not realized that. I am a linux newbie and been learning as I go.
    From bt3 desktop how would I path the file to the dictionary that comes with bt3?

would it be something like: aircrack-ng -w password.lst -b 00:11:22:33:44:55 filename.cap?

Please let me know!!!

Thank you!!!

Just burned his ISO

Actually you would use:

Code:
    aircrack-ng -w /pentest/wireless/aircrack-ng/test/password.lst -b 00:11:22:33:44:55 filename.cap
    or

Code:
    aircrack-ng -w /pentest/wireless/cowpatty/dict -b 00:11:22:33:44:55 filename.cap
    but both of these dictionaries are relatively small and only contain common words and passwords.
    never underestimate the power of idiots in a group

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Rodbrazil1973 View Post
    Thanks I had not realized that. I am a linux newbie and been learning as I go.
    From bt3 desktop how would I path the file to the dictionary that comes with bt3?

would it be something like: aircrack-ng -w password.lst -b 00:11:22:33:44:55 filename.cap?

Please let me know!!!

Thank you!!!
    glad i could help.
    try
    aircrack-ng wpa(or whatever you called the file)-01.cap /(paste the path here. you can see the path when you look at the dictionary folder)/password.lst
    please let me know if thats not very clear and ill copy my path to make it clearer for ya bud.

Quote Originally Posted by zoso10 View Post
    Actually you would use:

Code:
    aircrack-ng -w /pentest/wireless/aircrack-ng/test/password.lst -b 00:11:22:33:44:55 filename.cap
    or

Code:
    aircrack-ng -w /pentest/wireless/cowpatty/dict -b 00:11:22:33:44:55 filename.cap
    but both of these dictionaries are relatively small and only contain common words and passwords.
    thanks for that zoso10. i was just about to boot into backtrack an make a note of the exact command.
    any idea if we can add to this dictionary on the live cd?
    i mean instead of havin to use a usb drive with the dictionaries on

Very good friend of the forum TAPE's Avatar

If you are going to try with passwords, I would suggest you go for the larger password files as made
    and released by Pureh@te and -=Xploitz=-.

Put those (or some of them.. there's quite a bit )on a usb drive and then use ;

Code:
    aircrack-ng -w /mnt/sda1/wordlist.txt -b 00:11:22:33:44:55 filename.cap
    sda1 being the USB drive, in your case could be different.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by =TAPE= View Post
    If you are going to try with passwords, I would suggest you go for the larger password files as made
    and released by Pureh@te and -=Xploitz=-.

Put those (or some of them.. there's quite a bit )on a usb drive and then use ;

Code:
    aircrack-ng -w /mnt/sda1/wordlist.txt -b 00:11:22:33:44:55 filename.cap
    sda1 being the USB drive, in your case could be different.
    sorry to be an ass. i just tried the search option for the pureh@te wordlist but am unable to find it. any pointers?
    again sorry to bug.

Very good friend of the forum TAPE's Avatar

I typed in "wordlist" in the search form
    chose 'search titles only'

its all there man..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast