Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linux training

Default Linux training

At the moment am studying a degree course in Computer Network Management and Design on my third year at the moment. dealing with alot of cisco switches and routers but also doing abit of unix but its weird because in uni the unix stuff there teaching u is commands like

cat tail head banner but i was taught all this in my first year.

Is there any linux qualifications you could take in britain that could possible lead to a decient job with in 2/3 years??

Quote Originally Posted by pr0xibus View Post
    At the moment am studying a degree course in Computer Network Management and Design on my third year at the moment. dealing with alot of cisco switches and routers but also doing abit of unix but its weird because in uni the unix stuff there teaching u is commands like

.....Is there any linux qualifications you could take in britain that could possible lead to a decient job with in 2/3 years??
    Well if you are in fact on a university level, my advice would be to learn proper English first; you won't land a decent job if you cannot clearly / properly communicate.
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Developer

Quote Originally Posted by wyze View Post
    Well if you are in fact on a university level, my advice would be to learn proper English first; you won't land a decent job if you cannot clearly / properly communicate.
    Plus using linux via ssh with bad spelling is a PITA

Lol sorry did not realise that typing in a forum needed perfect typing. And the bit you highlighted, yes i did not spell university i used uni instead, and i forgot a full stop ......

But then again i am not at university at the moment so it should not really matter, or should it?? As long as you understood the question there should not be a problem.

Developer

Lol sorry did not realise that typing in a forum needed perfect typing. And the bit you highlighted, yes i did not spell university i used uni instead, and i forgot a full stop ......

But then again i am not at university at the moment so it should not really matter, or should it?? As long as you understood the question there should not be a problem.
    Spelling and grammar has a lot to do with how serious someone is a tech forum such as this one will treat you. This is not IM and it is not IRC. You have plenty of time to spell check your post. I for one do not feel like helping someone who cant even take a few minutes to properly form a semi-intelligent sounding post. Also remember that many of the members here do not speak English or l33t like us lazy Americans so they may not even be able to answer you question even if they know the answer due to the language barrier

Lol that is true i never thought about it that way, but then again i only seen one word that was out and really it was a shorted way of saying university. Im sure nearly every member of this forum will use a short version of a word in nearly every post of some sort.

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Lol that is true i never thought about it that way, but then again i only seen one word that was out and really it was a shorted way of saying university. Im sure nearly every member of this forum will use a short version of a word in nearly every post of some sort.
    I do agree with pureh@te and wyze on this. Seeing your original post and the follow ups just tells me that you're lazy. You're too lazy to proofread your posts and too lazy to even bother using a spell check. Regardless of whatever shortcuts or abbreviations you've used, your spelling is atrocious.

Yes, you're not at 'uni' but if you want to present yourself as a professional to other professionals in the field, then you should do your best to be one. If you cannot be bothered to spellcheck your posts here, what other things will you be lax on in any job you may have?

Just on a side note, I first read your post several hours ago before anyone else responded and I showed it to my wife that's a professional Tech-Writer and I asked her what the appropriate answer should be, and she said "learn how to write proper English."
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post

Just on a side note, I first read your post several hours ago before anyone else responded and I showed it to my wife that's a professional Tech-Writer and I asked her what the appropriate answer should be, and she said "learn how to write proper English."
    Ha! @O.P. -- told'ya so
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Ha! @O.P. -- told'ya so
    Do i see short text?

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Do i see short text?
    You really do seem to be missing the point, and we are trying to help you out. If you cannot swallow your pride and see that then you aren't going to make it very far. The others that posted here as well as myself happen to be in positions where we can hire people and if we were to see someone's resume with misspellings and bad grammar we probably wouldn't consider that person for the position.

Good professional communication with your customers, co-workers as well as your management is key in IT as it is in in any business. Yes, I know, the typical reply is "But this is a forum", but I say that practice makes perfect. If you fail to practice those skills you'll never get any better, and as I said previously, if you're too lazy to present yourself as a professional here, then chances are, you'd be the exact same on the job.

If you cannot accept that we're trying to help you by offering constructive criticism then you probably need to mature some more.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast