Thread: WEP Crack

Just burned his ISO

Default WEP Crack

I am trying to crack a WEP and the airmon comman is not working. When I type "airmon -ng", I get the follwing error: "-bash: airmon: command not found". Any suggestiongs?

Quote Originally Posted by bbright20 View Post
    I am trying to crack a WEP and the airmon comman is not working. When I type "airmon -ng", I get the follwing error: "-bash: airmon: command not found". Any suggestiongs?
    Leave out the space between airmon and -ng. -ng is part of the tool's name, not an option switch.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

lol silly noob

i would HIGHLY suggest you do

man airmon-ng

read up a lil on how to use the tool.

you have a long way to go script kiddy
    This is a hackers forum :P
    root ~# aircrack-ng pwnd-01.cap
    Lenovo Thinkpad R500, OS: Ubuntu 8.10, BackTrack3, Windows XP (VirtualBox), Windows Vista, Windows 7 beta

If you wanted to go total script kiddy and not learn anything spoonwep will crack WEP for you in like 2 minutes and no command line skills needed. Although, I suggest doing it with aircrack-ng to get yourself familiar with the suite and its tools. Its a really powerfull set of tools that new people just get intimidated to try and learn when they can't get things working on the first few tries.

@bbright20 - There are TONS of sites with walkthroughs on wep cracking, as well as video tutorials. Google is you friend even when some of us might not be...

bbright20 + refine your search skills = profit!

Just burned his ISO

Thanks for all the help. Yeah google helped me out a lot and so did some of the tutorial videos and was able to crack my WEP. Thanks again for the info!

Just burned his ISO

Leave the space out between "airmon" and "-ng" It should look like this "airmon-ng" no space