Thread: Problems with WPA handshake !!!

Just burned his ISO

Exclamation Problems with WPA handshake !!!

Hello everyone, all i want to say is that i cannot get that WPA handshake, i followed also exactly , over and over, the tutorial and commands from XploitZ videos !!! i searched all the threads and found no answear to my question...

i`m running BackTrack 3 USB edition and i have a Toshiba laptop with an Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG card, and i was able to collect 5000 data in about 5 minutes (it's not that important) but after i`m triyng this command:

Code:
    aireplay-ng -0 1 -a <AP MAC> -c <Clients MAC> wifi0
    or
    aireplay-ng -0 5 -a <AP MAC> -c <Clients MAC> wifi0
    i get no WPA Handshake and by the way, why at PWR is always 0 ??? .... i haven't installed yet the aircrack from XploitZ's link, becouse i don't know how to connect to the internet via Backtrack (so i have no connection to the internet) and i don't know if manually works with commands(after copiyng the content of aircrack-ng into /root folder):

Code:
    make
    make install
    and still don't know if i need to or it's possible to install aircrack-ng as soon as i use an USB device !?
    becouse i get some messages with many errors, to bad that i cannot came with screenshots !!! can anyone enlight me please ? sorry for my bad english !!!

First of all : PLEASE don't use white colors, there are some people using the old board style, it's very hard to read (have to highlight it)

It isn't relevant how many data you can collect, you don't need thousands packets for getting a handshake.
    But as you say you've collected some data, i suppose you have a second machine (the client mac) which is generating the data with the AP?
    That is the most important thing: no client -> no data -> no handshake.

Sometimes you have to wait a bit longer and/or deauth the client a few times before getting a handshake. You did that?
    aireplay-ng -0 1 –a <MAC AP> -c <MAC CLIENT> wifi0
    is a correct command , as i said , try it a few times and wait 1-3 minutes.

I have the same Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG card, my one also shows power 0, but everything is working fine.

and still don't know if i need to or it's possible to install aircrack-ng as soon as i use an USB device !?
    becouse i get some messages with many errors
    Aircrack is included in BT3 , so what do you mean with using a USB device?
    What are these errors?
    Be sensitive in choosing where you ask your question. You are likely to be ignored, or written off as a loser, if you:

* post your question to a forum where it's off topic
    * post a very elementary question to a forum where advanced technical questions are expected, or vice-versa
    * cross-post to too many different newsgroups
    * post a personal e-mail to somebody who is neither an acquaintance of yours nor personally responsible for solving your problem

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by terminal86 View Post
    First of all : PLEASE don't use white colors, there are some people using the old board style, it's very hard to read (have to highlight it)
    First of all: Thx for the info !!! it's already done !!!

It isn't relevant how many data you can collect, you don't need thousands packets for getting a handshake.
    But as you say you've collected some data, i suppose you have a second machine (the client mac) which is generating the data with the AP?
    That is the most important thing: no client -> no data -> no handshake.
    I know it's irelevant how many Data i can capture on WPA cracking, but i thought would make my Handshake appear faster !!! thx for this info too

Sometimes you have to wait a bit longer and/or deauth the client a few times before getting a handshake. You did that?
    is a correct command , as i said , try it a few times and wait 1-3 minutes.
    yes i did it, i started the
    Code:
    aireplay-ng -0 1 -a....
    command,and waiting till 300 data and waiting till 2000 data (it takes 20 minutes sometimes), and still no handshake....funny thing is that only when i start aireplay-ng command shows me the <Clients MAC> under "STATION" and collecting data is more faster !!!

I have the same Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG card, my one also shows power 0, but everything is working fine.
    That's good to know !!! thx

Aircrack is included in BT3 , so what do you mean with using a USB device?
    What are these errors?
    i know it's already included in BT3 but, i thought i must install the aircrack-ng from XploitZ link , but this isn't suppose to mean that i must have already BT3 installed on my HDD and a connection to the internet ? becouse i don't know how to connect to the internet with BT3 ? in my case i`m running it from a USB device so my question is: can i install aircrack-ng as long as i use BT3 from an USB device ? is tha possible ?

It gaves me some errors (i if that can be "named" as error") like:

Werror.... i`ll try again and i`ll copy and paste it here !!!

thx for your effort mate, i`m triyng to do my best , so i cannot bother you !!!

Quote Originally Posted by cristian2oo6 View Post
    yes i did it, i started the
    Code:
    aireplay-ng -0 1 -a....
    command,and waiting till 300 data and waiting till 2000 data (it takes 20 minutes sometimes), and still no handshake....
    Again, you do not need to wait for so much data, it's irrelevant.
    You have to know, the deauth packets are sent directly to the client, not the ap, so you have to make sure you are in range with the client machine. Maybe that is your problem?

i know it's already included in BT3 but, i thought i must install the aircrack-ng from XploitZ link , but this isn't suppose to mean that i must have already BT3 installed on my HDD and a connection to the internet ?
    I use the aircrack version included in BT3f and it works fine. If you want to use an updated version , you can download it to another usb-stick, or directly to your usb-stick with BT3.

becouse i don't know how to connect to the internet with BT3 ? in my case i`m running it from a USB device so my question is: can i install aircrack-ng as long as i use BT3 from an USB device ? is tha possible ?
    There are much tutorials on how to connect to the internet with BT3 (Xploitz) and also on how to save changes on the usb-stick here on the forum.
    Just search for it.

It gaves me some errors (i if that can be "named" as error") like:
    Werror.... i`ll try again and i`ll copy and paste it here !!!
    I'll wait till you post the error messages since its furthermore relevant.

I have no problem helping people not asking very stupid questions.
    Be sensitive in choosing where you ask your question. You are likely to be ignored, or written off as a loser, if you:

* post your question to a forum where it's off topic
    * post a very elementary question to a forum where advanced technical questions are expected, or vice-versa
    * cross-post to too many different newsgroups
    * post a personal e-mail to somebody who is neither an acquaintance of yours nor personally responsible for solving your problem

Just burned his ISO

no offence, i don't wanna mess nobody, ok, i`ll search all "how to" and thx for informations !!! you're very kind !