Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BT4 wallpaper disscusion thread

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

I'd like to have a plain black background so that when Mr. Administrator walks by, it doesn't raise any suspicion!
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

fastboi

i really like [s3th]'s 2nd wallpaper (the planet in the background). It really looks very solid and nice. Only his dragon could be replaced with digip's dragon...
    but overall wallpapers created for bt4 so far are reallyyyy nice. Good job guys.

Just burned his ISO

Own personal opinion:
    New wallpaper should look sleek and cutting edge( old one was like a iphone black glossy feeling)
    would be awsome to have the dragon fade to cells like this kinda :P
    google advent-children-1200x700.jpg (i dont have the requirements to post urls)

one of the kewlest effects imo
    this was awsome
    google Digital_by_avrilw.jpg (i dont have the requirements to post urls)

alot of television shows have computers with super crazy looking user interfaces that would be super impractical for the government to spend the money to design... but should try to mimic the ideal the best we could

imo!:P

Default Icons, Splash Screens, Frame Buffer

In regards to the other items needed, splash screen, icons, etc, is there a guide to follow on how to create these. Are they just normal PNG files? I wanted to look into making some icons(what ones are needed by the way?) and wasn't sure the format they needed to be in. In windows, they have .ico files, mac uses .icns files, and I know linux can use png, but wondered if that was the default icon file format for linux.

In the other os's you can have multiple images in one icon file, so that when viewed at different sizes, a different icon can shows up depending on the size. EX: you might have an image with multiple objects, but smaller icons won't render the image properly and would look ugly, so you can add a different image for when the icon is set, say to 16x16 vs 48x48 or 256x256, etc.

In reference to a "frame buffer" image, can some one post a link to one, or the format, size requirements, etc.

Default Simply "4"

Ok, I'm trying to keep them simple now. Concept is just "4". No need to say Back Track, since, the dragon is so iconic with Back Track, that it goes without saying.

Just burned his ISO

I love that concept a lot digip! It gives BackTrack a very hard and powerful look. Keep it up man! I'll try to work on several myself once work settles down.

Just burned his ISO

For the splash and framebuffer images, what are you looking for, just the background images for those, or what?

Just burned his ISO

Default Piccy

For what its worth http: // i35.tinypic.com/2uxvc7m.jpg it wont let me post it in the threads as I am a newbie. When I saw the thread on Wallpapers I thought I would add my 2 cents worth

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Virchanza View Post
    I'd like to have a plain black background so that when Mr. Administrator walks by, it doesn't raise any suspicion!
    Well... it's not quiet "plain black" but this may suite you...
    - as I cannot yet post images or links, I have to do it that way

Just burned his ISO

Here is one i came up with. I was kinda going for the black light trace theme.
    If anyone wants to copy the image and post it for me that would be awesome.
    Also if anyone want the full adobe file to adjust layers I have several other decals to match it. I don't know what format is wanted but this one in low resolution.
    ht tp://www[dot]freewebs.com/clan_of_legends/backtrack4aa.jpg

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast