Thread: how to create a wordlist?

Just burned his ISO

Default how to create a wordlist?

hello.
    i need to won a bet that i made with my bother that i crack his wpa AP i need a wordlist that contains all passwords that have 10 alphanumerics characters with capital letters too. there are 62 different charaters. 62 plus 10 equals 620.000.000.000 posibilities. can i generate a wordlist that starts with a A and has more 9 charaters? and them genereate a B wordlist and so on?
    excuse my bad english but i donīt have time to use a translator.

Developer

but i donīt have time to use a translator.
    Well Then we don't have time to answer

Why not use any of the wordslists already out there?

/pentest/password/crunch 1 10 abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWX YZ0123456789 > BIGDICT.txt

Maybe you will win your bet before you die (Provided you have the storage capacity of thousands of Servers) (I'm too lazy to calc exactly)
    Be sensitive in choosing where you ask your question. You are likely to be ignored, or written off as a loser, if you:

* post your question to a forum where it's off topic
    * post a very elementary question to a forum where advanced technical questions are expected, or vice-versa
    * cross-post to too many different newsgroups
    * post a personal e-mail to somebody who is neither an acquaintance of yours nor personally responsible for solving your problem

Very good friend of the forum TAPE's Avatar

LOL at the BIGDICT.txt

To answer the poster.. dont even waste your time on that brute force style..
    Even if you had the storage to create that wordlist, the time to crack to it would see you watching your brother turn very grey..

Go SE style or rig his webcam to see if you can get it that way

Quote Originally Posted by =TAPE= View Post
    LOL at the BIGDICT.txt

To answer the poster.. dont even waste your time on that brute force style..
    Even if you had the storage to create that wordlist, the time to crack to it would see you watching your brother turn very grey..

Go SE style or rig his webcam to see if you can get it that way
    What exactly is "SE style" by the way? As for WPA, the only way I was ever able to crack it was with a wordlist. Yeah, its took forever, but it does work so long as the key is in the wordlist.

Although, there are newer ways to crack WPA now with the 15minute TKIP sploit. To quote a news article on computerworld dot com:
    The work of Tews and Beck does not involve a dictionary attack, however.

To pull off their trick, the researchers first discovered a way to trick a WPA router into sending them large amounts of data. This makes cracking the key easier, but this technique is also combined with a "mathematical breakthrough," that lets them crack WPA much more quickly than any previous attempt, Ruiu said.

Tews is planning to publish the cryptographic work in an academic journal in the coming months, Ruiu said. Some of the code used in the attack was quietly added to Beck's Aircrack-ng Wi-Fi encryption hacking tool two weeks ago, he added.
    So the latest Aicrack version contains new code to speed up the process of cracking WPA. Time to switch to WPA2.

Very good friend of the forum TAPE's Avatar

Social Engineering