Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Install BackTrack on the HDD?

Kix3r0

Default Install BackTrack on the HDD?

Is can it be done, Is there a way to install BackTrack to the Hard Drive like other Linux can be installed I dont really care too much for the live boot its cool but I cant learn much If I can't play with it on my Hard Drive.

dude at least put in some effort!! there are more than a few install guides on this forum just LOOK!
    "At least black people knew when they where slaves" Doug stanhope

I think you should look in the howto section. jeezzzzzzzzz.......

Default *sigh* here we go again.....

There are many tutorials on the site for attempting a HD install, try looking in the tutorials section, or failing that try google!

A (quite) simple guide is in "messin with backtrack 3" (pages 10-16), which is on the wiki page.

You might want to stay with a live version or use a usb stick for a while if you have trouble using the search function.....

TT
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

This is a hackers forum :P
    root ~# aircrack-ng pwnd-01.cap
    Lenovo Thinkpad R500, OS: Ubuntu 8.10, BackTrack3, Windows XP (VirtualBox), Windows Vista, Windows 7 beta

Nice....
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

!installer

err... guess tht only works on IRC
    dd if=/dev/swc666 of=/dev/wyze

Well since this is here, I'm wondering why there isn't a installer? with more people getting these mini notebooks and wanting to install back track on those, it would be nice to see it in backtrack 4

im curious as to what made you think that you can't learn much from using the live cd/usb...
    Dum spiro spero

Quote Originally Posted by porbista View Post
    im curious as to what made you think that you can't learn much from using the live cd/usb...
    He probably isn't aware of the option to use persistent changes and figures that he will have to revert back to the original status of the distro at each reboot.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast