Thread: ath0 stuck on channel 6

Unhappy Wireless stuck on chan 6 when pen testing

basically when following xploitz tutorial on cracking WEP key with no clients.... i get stuck after i do this command airodump-ng -c 6 -w filename --bssid mac ath0 yesterday it worked brillianty but i wanted to test my other router today... yes i got 3 routers no not all connected to the net @same time and yes i know all the passwords....so anyways yea if anyone has any idea whats happening here would be brill

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lloir View Post
    basically when following xploitz tutorial on cracking WEP key with no clients.... i get stuck after i do this command airodump-ng -c 6 -w filename --bssid mac ath0 yesterday it worked brillianty but i wanted to test my other router today... yes i got 3 routers no not all connected to the net @same time and yes i know all the passwords....so anyways yea if anyone has any idea whats happening here would be brill

thanks
    Exactly how do you mean that you are getting stuck? What are the exact commands that you use and the errors you get.

If you simply want to use another channel than 6, you should change the number in your command to reflect this, i.e. airodump-ng -c 3 -w filename --bssid mac ath0.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

ahh duh ofc.....my dumbass fault not reading the commands properly...lol thnx tron though i now feel like a dumbass for not noticing that

Quote Originally Posted by Lloir View Post
    ahh duh ofc.....my dumbass fault not reading the commands properly...lol thnx tron though i now feel like a dumbass for not noticing that
    The man page and --help option are good places to start familiarizing yourself with the tools that you are using, instead of blindly following tutorials. But glad to see that the problem was so easily solved.
    -Monkeys are like nature's humans.

haha yea it is a good idea to start reading up on them 1st which am gonna start doing, besides it will all make sense in the end thanks again dude