Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PLS cannot startx.....unable to load required base modules

Just burned his ISO

i am new to bt3......i cannot get in to the x server it says "unable to load base modules" unable to load "pcidata".......i am trying to boot from the live cd.....i have spent days reading everything about this message.....on x wiki org it says to try removing pcidata from the modules section....can someone help me try to do this? i have done so much on my own i finally need help......i have also done xorgconfig to the best specs i can choose.......PLEASE help me......i want to be able to get into the xwindow (GUI) so i can use some network tools

in addition, i have read that the intel g965 has display issues, however i would love to be able to get in to even experienced those garbled screens....i tried xconf as generic vesa display......i think the closest one to my graphics was intel 730 something i tried that first.....there are places in the ubuntu forums where people "cannot load pcidata" but there seems to be no answers

i dreamt of getting into the xwindow last night.......pathetic anyone? pls

bump pls!!

Which option do you use to boot the system? Did you try the (Vesa Buffer) one?
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Just burned his ISO

thanks for the reply

yes i have tried essentially all of them beginning with kde vesa

i have provided a screenshot link at photobucket

s150.photobucket.com/albums/s91/seansenecal/?action=view&current=PICT1025.jpg

please help

Just burned his ISO

I have the exact same problem

using bt3 cd and bt3 usb

any help ?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

now i've found the solution

when it asks u which graphic to use choose Vesa graphic interface and it should start loading

Have you tried to use the CD to boot a different system?
    What speed did you burn the CD at?
    Are you using a CDR or CDRW?

I've come across a number of laptops which wouldn't boot BT3 for various reasons, the following worked for them. So it's probably worth a try:
    BT3: Select VESA KDE, hit Tab, append " bt irqpoll acpi=off" (without quotes), hit Enter to continue.
    I'm a compulsive post editor, you might wanna wait until my post has been online for 5-10 mins before quoting it as it will likely change.

I know I seem harsh in some of my replies. SORRY! But if you're doing something illegal or posting something that seems to be obvious BS I'm going to call you on it.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Keen Hacker View Post
    now i've found the solution

when it asks u which graphic to use choose Vesa graphic interface and it should start loading

oh believe me ive tried that option.....

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    Have you tried to use the CD to boot a different system?
    What speed did you burn the CD at?
    Are you using a CDR or CDRW?

I've come across a number of laptops which wouldn't boot BT3 for various reasons, the following worked for them. So it's probably worth a try:
    i cannot try booting it on another system
    i think it burned at 6x
    it is a cd-r

i tried what u said and i guess its not a valid command.....when i hit tab i could not find "bt irqpoll......"

thanks for the reply im eager to try anything as i now feel desperate after so long

You habe to enter the commands by yourself. They are like advanced commands not showing up.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá

Just burned his ISO

ok, when i hit tab do i have to scroll through the large list or hit n and type at the command?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by KMDave View Post
    You habe to enter the commands by yourself. They are like advanced commands not showing up.
    i tried this exactly and command not found "append"

Quote Originally Posted by habznation View Post
    i tried this exactly and command not found "append"
    Append isn't a command - dictionary.reference.com/browse/append?r=75

Thorin meant that you add ' bt irqpoll acpi=off' to the end of the boot option line for VESA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast