Thread: No sound... Surprise huh? lol Can somebody please spoon feed me?

Default No sound... Surprise huh? lol Can somebody please spoon feed me?

bt ~ # lspci | egrep audio
    00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801DB/DBL/DBM (ICH4/ICH4-L/ICH4-M) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 03)

Ok I am done trying to figure out how to get this thing to work without having to upgrade the kernel which is something I have absolutely no clue how to do even though from what I have read so far it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to do.... Ive tried everything in the book including alsaconf and alsamixer and all that other bs also... so tell me please is there a way I can get this sound card to work without having to upgrade my kernel? Im using the kernel that came in the bt3b distro im not sure which version it is.... anyway somebody help me get my sound working please Im begging you lol and please if you do respond make sure you spoonfeed me the solution in english I need it step by step... thanks in advance for the help if there is any
    Go jump off a bridge ;)

Maybe you should consider about choosing a distribution with paid support. That way you can learn faster.

Quote Originally Posted by hatake_kakashi View Post
    Maybe you should consider about choosing a distribution with paid support. That way you can learn faster.
    I don't know usually I can figure out anything I just can't figure this out for some reason... help would be appreciated
    Go jump off a bridge ;)

I have read in several places that, no sound is because of the kernel. Apperantly the kernel doesnt support some sound cards. Maby this will give you a lead...when you find out, let me know. I don't have sound either =(

Quote Originally Posted by UG_Cyber View Post
    I have read in several places that, no sound is because of the kernel. Apperantly the kernel doesnt support some sound cards. Maby this will give you a lead...when you find out, let me know. I don't have sound either =(
    yea thats what I have been reading and I also read the way to solve that problem is to do a kernel upgrade but I wanna know first before I go try and do that if there is a way to do it without upgrading the kernel... anybody got any more suggestions?
    Go jump off a bridge ;)

I tried looking for a link to upgrade mine, if you can find one i'll do it and let you know how it went.

Quote Originally Posted by UG_Cyber View Post
    I tried looking for a link to upgrade mine, if you can find one i'll do it and let you know how it went.
    There was one here on the forums that came with a whole step by step guide that I was looking at and it seemed like it was pretty easy to do but on the flip side in that same post there was a whole lot of people who were saying that they tried it and it worked but there was a lot of compatibility issues with programs and all but I'm sure that would be a quick fix I am assuming you would have to just go around and manually upgrade your programs to one that is compatible to your new kernel version... anyway though I am gonna try to find the link now and when I do I will post it.

*Edit* I found the link here it is... http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sho...41&postcount=1 I hope that helps... good luck
    Go jump off a bridge ;)