Thread: Can not creat a vnc conection

Just burned his ISO

Default Can not creat a vnc conection

Hi there everyone Please bear with me as i am new to using forums, i have never had the need before but i hope it may be a useful future tool.

I have a number of related questions and was wondering if you could put me on the right path.

I have two laptops (there are more than two machines but only two are of interest for now ) I am running on a wlan and sometime a wired lan via a ethernet switcher box and router.

Each laptop is running a dual boot operating system one Backtrack 4 final and win7 and the other Backtrack 4 Pre Final and Vista. I have VMware in all op-systems but that is of no importance for now.

My question is very simple infact it is embarasing i cant believe i have been using computers as i do aand still have this problem.

Anyway to the point.

I wanted to experiment connecting the machines together using a variate y of methods VNC remote desktop, shhm ftp and so on and so forth.

Now my fist problem is with vnc i just can not get it to work either between bt + bt or bt + win ( any version ) I have tried every way i can think of i have read the man pages for Xvnc and the many various tightvnc.... options. anyway i can not get a connection.

Would you please put me on the right line i would be forever in your debt.

I have a few more trivial annoyances but this is my main problem Please help me if you can .

Your humbly MIckcaulton.

Default Re: Can not creat a vnc conection

On your Vista and WIN7 Machines try disable IPv6 and check your firewall

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Can not creat a vnc conection

re Muminrz,

Thank you for your reply. On the e vista and win7 operating system i have tried totally disabling my firewall and this had no noticeable effect. I will try disabling IPv6 and see what this does.

Can i ask what steps or how do you go about making your vnc connection? Am i wrong in thinking that it is possible from the command line with the various Xvnc and tightvncconnect ect ect, commands.
    Do i need to actually need to install a vnc application like some of the various gui apps.

As i said i am running on a local LAN through a router and ethernet switch. I.E the router / gateway is the usual 192.168.0.1 and the two machines in question have reserved ip addresses 192.168.0.0 and .4 respectively. When accessing via an outs side (Internet) connection i have port forwarding set up to one or the other machines depending on which one i want to access. I have also made sure that the outer allows for vnc connection to be forwarded.

I was watching an offensive security 101 video using backtrack 2. On it there was a built in application called either network services or connection services something services anyway and they used it to connect to a remote machine running windows and controlled it to run a pen test. Does any one know anything about this ? ?

Again any help is greatly appreciated,

Humbly Mickcaulton.