Thread: Some linksys w/ dd-wrt questions.

fastboi

Question Some linksys w/ dd-wrt questions.

Hello,

First time i changed firmware on my linksys wrtg54g was almost 2 or 3 years ago. I used it for a year or so, but then switched to tomato because it had traffic monitoring tool integrated (how much downloaded and uploaded). DD-WRT did not have that back then, but few days ago i decided to install newest dd-wrt (v24 sp1) and found that now it has BANDWIDTH monitoring tool.
    Is it possible to somehow import bandwidth backup that i created with tomato (it has backup feature for saving your bandwith monitoring) to my linksys flashed with dd-wrt?

Also what is up with these errors? I remember having them from back in a day. Is something broken in my router or what? Like an antenna or something of that nature?

Wireless Packet Info
    Received (RX) 100%
    19244465 OK, no error

Transmitted (TX)
    100%
    15349370 OK, 112 errors

Thanks

Developer

Is it possible to somehow import bandwidth backup that i created with tomato (it has backup feature for saving your bandwith monitoring) to my linksys flashed with dd-wrt?
    This would be a question for the dd-wrt fourms for sure. It would depend on the log file format I'm sure.

Transmitted (TX)
    100%
    15349370 OK, 112 errors
    This is nothing. Its wireless so there's going to be a little loss here and there. If you are on a standard channel like 6 you may be getting noise from the neighbors or something. You could try a different channel.

fastboi

All right i just wrote them about backup... let see what they have to say. File format does not have extension, and it is only 2.06 KB, and when opened in text editor, it shows a crazy characters.

Error thingy... i just go with what you say and i wont be paying attention anymore. I am on channel 8, and aps around be are on 11,11,1 and 4, so i guess noise has nothing to do with it.

Thanks anyway