Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intel Sound Problems...Please Help!!!

Just burned his ISO

Default Intel Sound Problems...Please Help!!!

Ok when i run this command: lspci
    i get this output:

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile PM965/GM965/GL960 Memory Controller Hub (rev 03)
    00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
    00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
    00:1a.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Contoller #4 (rev 03)
    00:1a.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #5 (rev 03)
    00:1a.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #2 (rev 03)
    00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)
    00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 1 (rev 03)
    00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 2 (rev 03)
    00:1c.2 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 3 (rev 03)
    00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 4 (rev 03)
    00:1d.0 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 03)
    00:1d.1 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 03)
    00:1d.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 03)
    00:1d.7 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #1 (rev 03)
    00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev f3)
    00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801HEM (ICH8M) LPC Interface Controller (rev 03)
    00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801HBM/HEM (ICH8M/ICH8M-E) IDE Controller (rev 03)
    00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801HBM/HEM (ICH8M/ICH8M-E) SATA IDE Controller (rev 03)
    00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) SMBus Controller (rev 03)
    02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 01)
    08:00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection (rev 02)

I've noticed that my sound card is working only when i boot in backtrack on the first startap of the laptop and it's awesome, BUT after using windows XP i boot into BT3 and the sound isn't working at all and when i leave the laptop powered off for 20-25 hours and boot directly to Backtrack 3 i have no problem at all. So the problem rises only when i boot first in XP and after reboot to BT3.

So i've tried everything to resolve the problem (except kernel update or rebuild) and i had only bad results, and i was wondering if anyone of you can help me.

P.S. Don't tell me to search the forum for previous posts cuz i have searched and tried almost everyone of them.

Just burned his ISO

Ok Im getting little frustrated....Am i the only one with this kind of problem??!!

P.S. Don't be shy to reply or post...

Hm curious, does that issue appear if you shutdown completely and then start BT? (in a short while, not waiting 20 hours)
    Which version of BT do you use?

My assumption is , that XP is blocking your device in any way.
    I don't suppose that it has anything to do with waiting for some hours..

Try that: Disable your soundcard in XP, then reboot to BT and reply if that solves the issue.

I've never heard of such a problem.
    Be sensitive in choosing where you ask your question. You are likely to be ignored, or written off as a loser, if you:

* post your question to a forum where it's off topic
    * post a very elementary question to a forum where advanced technical questions are expected, or vice-versa
    * cross-post to too many different newsgroups
    * post a personal e-mail to somebody who is neither an acquaintance of yours nor personally responsible for solving your problem

Just burned his ISO

If i shutdown completely and then start BT3 i have the same problem - no sound, and in the configuration of the sound system it's all in great order and when i test it there's n sound.

i forgot to disable the card and see if it's the XP that blocks the sound card from loading completely on BT3.

Thanks, ill post here if i solve the issue.

P.S. If you can give me some info on how to use the full capacity of the graphic card would be great (ex. the ability to attach another monitor or a S-Video enabled device).

Just burned his ISO

Edit the /etc/modprobe.d/modprobe.conf and add this:

alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
    alias sound-slot-0 snd-hda-intel
    options snd-hda-intel model=3stack

After that reboot you should have sound

i tried what ye just said but when i restart still comes up the same no mixer

cheers for reply

Just burned his ISO

Did you add a new user?

If yes edit /etc/group and search for audio, after that put something like this:

audio::17:users

That should work

yeah edited the etc/group and added users at the end of audio didnt work i then tried editing to root at the end of audio still didnt work

cheers for quick reply

Just burned his ISO

See if you can use the alsamixer if not put the output of the error and the output of this command:

lsmod | grep snd

Just burned his ISO

I still have no sound, but this time not at all eaven if i leave it for 30 hours powered down and boot into Back|track.
    I've loaded Slackware USB edition and the sound worked out of the box like a charm eaven if i boot into windows and then into slackware.
    I saw that Back|track uses 1.14rc2 version of the alsa drivers, and slackware uses 1.15 version.
    And I haven't insttalled yet cuz the last time i've installed alsa it caused me a lot of trouble and left me in reinstal os position.
    So i'll need a little how-to install alsa driver, if someone can help me.

Btw i think that these drivers will work for everyone with this sound card.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast