Thread: Can you install wireless drivers in vmware.

Just burned his ISO

Default Can you install wireless drivers in vmware.

As the title suggests I need to install the drivers for my wireless card. Its and Airlink AWLL3025 and I got the driver from here linux-wless.passys.nl/query_part.php?brandname=Airlink101 . So is it even possible to install the drivers if I am running BT4 beta from VMware or do I have to install it to my hard drive to do that? Thank you.

You can install the bt4 on a virtual hdd in vmware and then install the required driver in the virtual machine you created
    Great minds have purposes, others have wishes

Just burned his ISO

Oh cool. I have the virtual machine set up and everything seems to be working fine now can you please link to a good guide for installing the driver. I've searched but there are a lot of different ones and they all just confuse me.

Okay so I get Backtrack working fine in VMware. Now I just need to know how I can take the drivers I downloaded for my wirelessUSB adapter and install them since backtrack by default does not have my drivers is there an easy to follow guide out there. A lot of the ones I find are confusing and not really to the point.

Could you maybe give a reference link?

But maybe you should start with an easier to use Linux version.
    Tiocfaidh ár lá