Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brute Force attack in progress!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by pureh@te View Post
    You guys are missing out on all the best pr0n, bootleg copies of windows and you'll never know if your the heir to a Chinese emperor who left you a small fortune.
    Dear Mr. Pureh@te, On behalf of the late Emperor........
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Virginville, BlueBall, Bird In Hand, Intercourse, Paradise, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Dear Mr. Pureh@te, On behalf of the late Emperor........
    Dear Mr. PureH@te

My name is Mr. Long Duck Dong, and I am writing you on behalf of our Late Emperor Sum Yung Guy whom passed away without leaving an heir to throne of our glorious nation...
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Dear Mr. PureH@te

My name is Mr. Long Duck Dong, and I am writing you on behalf of our Late Emperor Sum Yung Guy whom passed away without leaving an heir to throne of our glorious nation...
    Just shows you get more spam than I do.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Just shows you get more spam than I do.
    Uh, yeah. Here's a message I got from one of my least favorite people today.

I just wanted you to be aware that since yesterday, I received 5 “spam” emails to my internal email address. I cannot add the sender to my “junk mail” list since my address is internal to our organization. Not sure where these are coming from, but I thought you may want to know. Thanks.
    GASP! 5 Spam messages? OMFG, whatever will they do. Nevermind the filter has blocked 3240 messages since Monday. I just went to my boss and said that the Spam filter must not be doing it's job, so from now on, I will read all inbound mail and determine if it's spam or not and then forward the messages to the appropriate people. He told me to not bother.
    A third party security audit is the IT equivalent of a colonoscopy. It's long, intrusive, very uncomfortable, and when it's done, you'll have seen things you really didn't want to see, and you'll never forget that you've had one.

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

Nope, not much you can do, other than make the entire Pacific Rim disappear.
    Did anyone else hold on to their chair when they read that?
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".

Quote Originally Posted by Virchanza View Post
    Did anyone else hold on to their chair when they read that?
    I guess if you're living in the PacRim that sound scary doesn't it?

Uh, yeah. Here's a message I got from one of my least favorite people today.

GASP! 5 Spam messages? OMFG, whatever will they do. Nevermind the filter has blocked 3240 messages since Monday. I just went to my boss and said that the Spam filter must not be doing it's job, so from now on, I will read all inbound mail and determine if it's spam or not and then forward the messages to the appropriate people. He told me to not bother.
    Just forward all spam mail to that user for a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Virchanza View Post
    No no no, don't close your FTP port!

What you want to do is change your username and password so that he will crack it pretty soon. But of course, before you do that, you download some images of some Chinese girls doing some very questionable things with horses, and you save these images to your FTP folder.

That's EXACTLY what I'd do, and I'm not even joking (note the lack of smiley).
    I wish I could have done that... Such a dirty and easy way of coming back at him. From all of the ones mentioned below, this is definitely the only one I think I can accomplish on my own!!

Unfortunately I had no time at all yesterday to do anything fancy.

Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Nope, not much you can do, other than make the entire Pacific Rim disappear.
    I would do it if had the list of networks to drop from the Pacific Rim.

Quote Originally Posted by adri_ht_ View Post
    I would do it if had the list of networks to drop from the Pacific Rim.
    Start with the attacking network and work backwards to the /1. The look at you server logs, and you'll start seeing a lot. Again, work backwards on those. Finally, look at APNIC.
    Thorn
    Stop the TSA now! Boycott the airlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Start with the attacking network and work backwards to the /1. The look at you server logs, and you'll start seeing a lot. Again, work backwards on those. Finally, look at APNIC.
    Thanks I will work on that! BTW I found some good rules for iptables for those of you running a Linux Router. It will limit the number of attempts on an open port. I did some minor modifications from the original source in dd-wrt:

Code:
    iptables -t nat -I PREROUTING -p tcp -d $wan_ip --dport 21 -j DNAT --to 192.168.1.10:21
    iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp -d 192.168.1.10 --dport 21 -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
    iptables -I FORWARD 2 -p tcp -d 192.168.1.10 --dport 21 -m state --state NEW -m limit --limit 1/min --limit-burst 1 -j ACCEPT
    iptables -I FORWARD 3 -p tcp -d 192.168.1.10 --dport 21 -j logreject
    Basically it will only allow an attempt per minute on port 21. I did some testing with Hydra and it worked perfectly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast